Do you carry with a full mag? Why or why not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have occasion, fairly regularly, to contact lawful carriers and lawfully secure their firearms. I'd say more often than not the magazines are not loaded to capacity, and I'm not talking about downloaded by one, I'm talking about loaded to half or less of capacity. I find this curious and thought I'd pose the question of how everyone here carries. Myself? I carry with a full mag and one in the chamber.

:popcorn:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We know that in the modern day plastic guns the weight is in the bullets. Can't have that dragging down my sweat pants. ;)

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Full plus one in the chamber and practise as such to be sure it functions as expected.

Added : 17 round spare magazine too.

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Where's the bacon option?

Question back to you though: How many of those same people are carrying spare mags?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have occasion, fairly regularly, to contact lawful carriers and lawfully secure their firearms. I'd say more often than not the magazines are not loaded to capacity, and I'm not talking about downloaded by one, I'm talking about loaded to half or less of capacity. I find this curious and thought I'd pose the question of how everyone here carries. Myself? I carry with a full mag and one in the chamber.

I suspect your demographic does not tend to participate in gun forums. Likely the same demographic that carries unloaded, as it is a misdemeanor to point an unloaded gun at someone (for intimidation purposes) vs. a felony for a loaded one.

I carry +1. Full mag and one chambered.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly, "made me look!"

Full mag. 13+1 .45 ACP

I can understand -1 in the mag, but for the life of me can't understand anything less than that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Come to think of it, I've rarely come across one that is more than 50% capacity.

Top Bottom