• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Maybe this should or has been in another thread but I had a question from a student last week that I do not know the statistics. She asked because her purse gun was limited to 5 rounds and wanted to know. What is the average rounds fired by the defender in an actual legal defense action in Indiana? I googled it of course and there many articles on National figures and the data is always cluttered with criminal defenders that spoils the real answer. Any ideas INGO?

CKW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    BBI has posted several statistics on this topic. The avg is much lower than one would think. Memory does not serve.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iolence-stats-ive-compiled-2.html#post6447612

Note that I currently have about twice that many but due to commercial projects it is now proprietary. However the trends continued with no significant interest.

The short version is she's concerned about the wrong thing. When looking at factors that caused a loss, she's much more likely to lose because she's carrying in a purse then she is because of capacity restraints.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Thanks BBI!

Has that pizza delivery guy killed anyone else in the past few years?

You need to do a interview with him for print and pizza dude needs to be a “tactical” instructor!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks BBI!

Has that pizza delivery guy killed anyone else in the past few years?

You need to do a interview with him for print and pizza dude needs to be a “tactical” instructor!

Ha, not that I'm aware of. Hopefully he's worked his way up to manager at this point and is providing overwatch for his cashiers. :D

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    The short version is she's concerned about the wrong thing. When looking at factors that caused a loss, she's much more likely to lose because she's carrying in a purse then she is because of capacity restraints.[/QUOTE]

Yes we covered that and her training continues but in reference to her question should the short answer be less than 4 for an average?

not wining or losing the fight but what was spent by victim as an average in Indiana since the beginning of record keeping?

in this day of data peeps want the quick answer these days

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iolence-stats-ive-compiled-2.html#post6447612

Note that I currently have about twice that many but due to commercial projects it is now proprietary. However the trends continued with no significant interest.

The short version is she's concerned about the wrong thing. When looking at factors that caused a loss, she's much more likely to lose because she's carrying in a purse then she is because of capacity restraints.

proprietary as in copyright and book in the works?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For some reason 3 x 3 x 3 comes to mind.
    3 shots
    Within around 3’
    done in under 3 seconds.

if I’m wrong I’m sure somebody will correct me

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ...not wining or losing the fight but what was spent by victim as an average in Indiana since the beginning of record keeping?

in this day of data peeps want the quick answer these days

Well, the post I linked to has number of shots fired per encounter and number of shots fired to resolution, as well as how many encounters are included in those numbers. Just work out the math and you'll have the average for Indy, but I can't provide anything for the entire state. I suspect you'll find it to be similar, but that's strictly an assumption. It's also over a time span of roughly 8 years, not since the beginning of the invention of record keeping. As far as I know, nobody has a more complete record set that's publicly or privately available, though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    proprietary as in copyright and book in the works?

As in copyright, yes. Some of it has already been referred to in a published work by another author already, but I hope to have a full length book out at some point. There's a pretty well known name in the industry who has taken an interest in the project and agreed to write the foreword as well as assist with a publisher. It's honestly been a lot more work then I thought it would be, though. So no timeline yet but Probably One Day.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI,

Do you need a picture of me wearing my 5:11 tactical thong for the book?

What's NEED got to do with it??? Send it!

Seriously this reminds me of when my detective partner and I were barely acquainted and he asked if I wanted to see a picture of him in a Speedo. I said no. He showed me anyway. He used to run marathons and had one of his old running photos in his desk. Yup, speedo. I think it'd be nice for his eventual his obituary photo. Things like that are why he insists he'll die out of county so we can't pose his corpse.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What's NEED got to do with it??? Send it!

Seriously this reminds me of when my detective partner and I were barely acquainted and he asked if I wanted to see a picture of him in a Speedo. I said no. He showed me anyway. He used to run marathons and had one of his old running photos in his desk. Yup, speedo. I think it'd be nice for his eventual his obituary photo. Things like that are why he insists he'll die out of county so we can't pose his corpse.

I'm wearing a Speedo right now.

They don't make them in my size, you say?

Correct.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I learned from William Aprill that when you get a distance from a police investigation, they typically report the distance at which the confrontation was ended, not the distance at which it began. That's important to know.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I learned from William Aprill that when you get a distance from a police investigation, they typically report the distance at which the confrontation was ended, not the distance at which it began. That's important to know.

Report to who? As far as I'm aware there's no standardized gathering of this information.

Top Bottom