• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Anybody else get a snail-mailed solicitation to sign a "Constitutional Carry Petition" and a request for a donation from an org going by the name "Hoosier Gun Rights"?

I don't pretend to know all the gun rights orgs out there, but I have never heard of this one. Their website (hoosiergunrights.org goes to a login prompt; real useful). They do have a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/hoosiergunrights) but there is ONE post from 2019 on it. A guy named Brenden Boudreau is the "Executive Director". Their mailing address is 973 N. Shadeland Ave #175 which appears to be a mailbox at a UPS Store at 10th and Shadeland Ave. (not unusual I suppose).

Supposedly affiliated with "National Association for Gun Rights" (who has an actual website, nationalgunrights.org, and a listing in GuideStar). Mailing included a two-page letter with a bunch of fluff on Constitutional Carry and a request for a donation. Nothing about what that donation would actually be used for...

This org seems kinda shady to me. Anybody know anything about them?

BTW, I'm all for Constitutional Carry. It just seems that giving money to "Hoosier Gun Rights" will help getting that accomplished as much as my throwing my money in the toilet based on their solicitation letter. Open to being proven wrong about this org, but this just doesn't pass the smell test...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If they're associated with NAGR, Rep. Nisly is their boy and he has already been reported to be ready to offer a CC bill. Give Guy Relford's podcast a listen from a week or so ago. He talked about Nislly's bill.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Your assessment is correct, gopher. NAGR just as well be a Bloomberg plant and their boy Nisly damn near torpedoed the civil immunity bill passed last year.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Your assessment is correct, gopher. NAGR just as well be a Bloomberg plant and their boy Nisly damn near torpedoed the civil immunity bill passed last year.

He missed that time. Last time he got involved in a pro gun bill, he managed to torpedo the whole damned thing.

im-helping.jpg
    im-helping.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nisly is like Ralph Wiggam. The "I'm Helping" kid from The Simpsons.

He however is about as helpful as Dudley from NAGR. They claim to be on our side, but do stupid things that go too far and get bills killed. Almost as if it were intentional. And didnt NAGR outright endorse Nisly?

Well, Pretty sure Dudley's is intentional. He knows if he solves the problem, he doesnt have a job and cant fund raise on the backs of the failures of dead 2A legislation. Ive watched bills out west look like they were about to pass, then Dudley and crew get involved and suddenly the bills flounder and fail. And right on cue "they just denied us our gun rights and killed legislation. We cant stop now! We need your financial support to keep on fighting!"

So whoever NAGR backs, they likely are not Jim Lucas caliber legislators.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After Bosma has spent all these years fending off Con Carry, I assume he won’t allow it to slip through in his final session as speaker.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I emailed them this morning because I heard about them a few days ago. I will post again when I get an answer but I asked a few questions. I wanted to know why the introduction of the Constitutional Carry bill was the ONLY news listed on their site when there were plenty of negative bills going through that they have made no mention of. I also asked whey there is no info on the site and whey they are not rallying the troops concerning the Moms Demand Action rally today. I asked if they had a lobbyist at the statehouse. And, I asked them to tell me what my money goes to if I join if they have not even covered any of this. Anyone wanna take bets on whether I get an answer?

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Interesting items from quick research. No lobbyist for "Hoosier Gun Rights" appears on the registered lobbyist list on the in.gov lobbyist page. Could they be listed under a personal name and not the organization? IDK Another interesting tidbit is this. It appears the NRA has not registered to lobby in Indiana since 2015 unless I am reading it wrong. As a life member I feel they should have presence here this year. Here is the link.
    https://secure.in.gov/apps/ilrc/reg...Id=1549&searchText=&searchType=&type=&id=1549

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Interesting items from quick research. No lobbyist for "Hoosier Gun Rights" appears on the registered lobbyist list on the in.gov lobbyist page. Could they be listed under a personal name and not the organization? IDK Another interesting tidbit is this. It appears the NRA has not registered to lobby in Indiana since 2015 unless I am reading it wrong. As a life member I feel they should have presence here this year. Here is the link.
    https://secure.in.gov/apps/ilrc/reg...Id=1549&searchText=&searchType=&type=&id=1549
    NRA-ILA is the political arm. Chris Kopacky testified a number of times in committee hearings.
    edit: keep in mind only the bills the NRA is endorsing will bring out the Chris Kopackys of the world. When the civil Immunity bill was up in committee in the Senate, he let me testify instead of him because they were pressed for time, so he’s pretty cool in my book. I understand he got promoted and we’re getting a new one.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    NRA-ILA is the political arm. Chris Kopacky testified a number of times in committee hearings.
    edit: keep in mind only the bills the NRA is endorsing will bring out the Chris Kopackys of the world. When the civil Immunity bill was up in committee in the Senate, he let me testify instead of him because they were pressed for time, so he’s pretty cool in my book. I understand he got promoted and we’re getting a new one.

Thank your for the education. I appreciate knowing the NRA hangs around occasionally. I know SB 203 is said to not have a chance but would sure like some heavy firepower on site to make sure it doesn't.

Top Bottom