• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Why do I need a gun, I live in a nice neighborhood...

...homeowner was inside the house and shot through the door at the men {who were trying to kick in the front door}

Guess this guy got his training at the Joe Biden school of home defense. I know you are supposed to cower inside your home until the bad guys breach the threshold, but kind of scary to wait until they are through the door and you might be overwhelmed by multiple criminals.

https://www.wowo.com/homeowner-open...cvmaeRUuJkHU9C-DVk6WOLahaTXJZsw9f_HhdmZvQCuSo

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In Indiana, there have been several times that shooting through the door when it was clear that people were breaking in hasn't been prosecuted.

Not ideal, to shoot through the door, but justified shootings are justified.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why do I need a gun, I live in a nice neighborhood...

Guess this guy got his training at the Joe Biden school of home defense. I know you are supposed to cower inside your home until the bad guys breach the threshold, but kind of scary to wait until they are through the door and you might be overwhelmed by multiple criminals.

https://www.wowo.com/homeowner-open...cvmaeRUuJkHU9C-DVk6WOLahaTXJZsw9f_HhdmZvQCuSo
    It wasn’t Joe Biden school, the neighbor siding doesn’t have holes in it from shooting off his balcony. They obviously picked the wrong house.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    In Indiana, there have been several times that shooting through the door when it was clear that people were breaking in hasn't been prosecuted.

Not ideal, to shoot through the door, but justified shootings are justified.

In Texas as well, although pretty much all the ones I know about involved a chemically-altered individual who apparently thought he was breaking into his own house, but wasn't.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Herps gonna derp. Just a darn shame he didn't tag both of them.

Yep. Just hunker down and hold on the door opening and wait till the last kick lands home and engage the targets as they appear. Dont shoot blind and hope you hit them.

But not faulting the homeowner. I would hope I could have that patience, but I'll never know until somebody is kicking my door. :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yep. Just hunker down and hold on the door opening and wait till the last kick lands home and engage the targets as they appear. Dont shoot blind and hope you hit them.

But not faulting the homeowner. I would hope I could have that patience, but I'll never know until somebody is kicking my door. :dunno:

Yeah, that's what I get hung up on.

Intellectually, I know that waiting until they bring down the door is the "right" thing in almost every way, including tactically.

But, in that moment, I'm REALLY not sure if I'd have that kind of patience.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Local news (21) this morning made it sound like the door was kicked in and one of the fellers was in the entryway/hallway. Don't know why the story has changed.

I don't know if I believe any story from any media outlet anymore as 100% true, they seem to change a little from day to day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, that's what I get hung up on.

Intellectually, I know that waiting until they bring down the door is the "right" thing in almost every way, including tactically.

But, in that moment, I'm REALLY not sure if I'd have that kind of patience.

its either that or switch to the new Remington V3 TAC-13 and load it full of #1 buck and empty the entire mag tube into the door. Should hit anyone on the other side. :):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Why is waiting for the door to be breached the right tactical decision?

Were there armed criminals on this person's curtilige?

Was the response reasonable?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why is waiting for the door to be breached the right tactical decision?

Were there armed criminals on this person's curtilige?

Was the response reasonable?

I’m not speaking to this particular instance but wouldn’t the correct answer generally be: it depends?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Identify your target and what is behind it."

(Although, I guess in this particular set of circumstances, the target is the door and what's behind it are uninvited guests.)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My front door is glass *****es...

Outside of that, boots on the door sound way different than even the most fervent knocking, so boots on door equals return fire.

The po-po ain't coming to my house, so it's with bad intent. If they are at my house, their info was wrong, a d I'll have to sort that in court I guess?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When we built onto the front and moved the door to face the driveway it is directly in line with the kids bedroom next door. No way I would blindly send rounds.

But, if you are kicking away at the front door you will need to cover your left flank.....just saying.
    Anyone that's been here knows of what I speak.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I can follow the 4 rules and shoot through my front door. I would argue that doing so would be tactically sound as well.

It always depends when it comes to shooting. It depends on the scene and the totality of the circumstances. It depends on the shooters ability to articulate why the actions were reasonable. The law does not require perfection just being reasonable.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can follow the 4 rules and shoot through my front door. I would argue that doing so would be tactically sound as well.

This is INGO - we can argue every side of every issue, or at least make something up. ;)

Top Bottom