• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    The family and I went to Winterlights earlier this week as we have in years past. Unfortunately new this year was a metal detector midway down the hall.

I lucked out by playing dumb and the very lazy wand scan was attributed to a new belt buckle.

Newfields might have a metal detector but they lack any sort of armed security whatsoever

I wish businesses would stop virtue signaling

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We went Friday night. As soon as I saw the metal detectors I took my gun back out to the van, along with the grandson's multi-tool and his fidget spinner (although I don't think he'd have gotten curb-stomped for the fidget spinner :):).

I'd never been before and wow, it was worth it. Amazing display!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I was through with Newfields when they canned their head guy for daring to say that they should make an effort to retain their white patrons while attempting to appeal to a more diverse patronage.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Went last night with the family. Metal detectors are back. I did disarm and left my pistol in the car. The things I do for my kids. Geez.

But yeah, no real security to speak of at all, so not sure why they force everyone to be disarmed.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Halloween display was most definitely metal-detected. I made the walk of shame. If going, I would assume it will be present.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I was through with Newfields when they canned their head guy for daring to say that they should make an effort to retain their white patrons while attempting to appeal to a more diverse patronage.
    I was through with them when it changed from IMA. Money F's everything up. Friggin snobs IMO.

They'll never see my patronage or a dime of mine again. I just become another money machine, it's not a museum anymore.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    If I recall correctly (?), he didn't even say "white patrons," did he? Something to the effect of "traditional clientele" was all it took to get his head mounted. Again going from memory.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    bah Newfields. Textbook example of how you let nutball ninnies screw up an Indianapolis institution.

Its the damn Indianapolis Museum of ART. Admission used to be free.. and it wasn't some branded attempt to become.. I don;t know. Some weird attraction and party space? "Appealing to a wider audience?" What? Adding parties, mini golf, and whatever damn else? Makes no sense to me.. Now like every year people resign, and leave.. probably because its a rolling crapshow there now no one wants to deal with.

This should be a textbook example of how not to screw something good up.

Top Bottom