• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    [video=youtube;9EQ3hzZ5EIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EQ3hzZ5EIY[/video]

Posting because I feel this incident illustrates the extreme importance of marksmanship, discretion, and target identification. The officer was pursuing an armed suspect when the chase turned into a ground fight where the suspect was attempting to draw a gun. Multiple officers shot at the suspect from varying distances while he was literally entangled with the officer. The officer and the suspect were both killed by police gunfire.

In my opinion at least two of these officers were taking extremely irresponsible shots at distances where they had no chance of hitting the suspect accurately, and narrowly missed shooting a second officer who was participating in the fight. If you cannot make the shot, do not take the shot.

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    By % how many LEO are actually up to acceptable speed in the use of the sidearm they carry daily.
    This is not a knock or a bash as I think you all now I am a supporter of our local people.

I have worked for three LE agencies overall. The first two were not far off NYPDs qualifying standard. Basically “stand here, shoot there, go home” once a year.
    Where I work now, we have scenario based training twice a year that includes a qualifying course. In the scenarios we generally shoot 200-300 rounds or more per person, plus simunitions in FoF scenarios. Officers who carry rifles get full training days annually on just the rifle. Of course some are just better at this skill than others, but we do the best we can to make sure training is second to none. I really wish the citizens of Marion County knew and could appreciate how much firearm training we get. I actually can’t believe we keep getting budgeting for 1M+ rounds of ammo every year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks VUPD. That clear the air for me.

I have seen you run and gun. Your better half also. I know other LEO that I would trust and follow into about anything should the need ever arise. Was just not sure how deep this was through the dept.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It’s kinda funny to me when the semi annual range schedule comes out. I’m always like “woo hoo, range day!” and some others are like “grumble grumble swear grumble range day”.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think IMPD has always been a better than average department. Thats me looking from the outside in of coarse. But ive always been impressed by the professionalism 99% of the time. No department can be judged by afew asshats.
    Im sure these officers didnt want to kill one of their own and theyll have trouble forever dealing with it.
    For me this is all about training. Ive seen blue on blue in the military. It just shouldn't happen and its preventable.
    Most SOPs are written in blood. It sucks but reality.
    Not commenting as a cop of coarse. I may be totally off base there

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    :yesway: I learned long ago the 97% of LEO cant shoot at a range much less under real pressure....

pRkyo9E.jpg

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Pretty big talk from such a closed mind. I shouldn’t be surprised though, as you make zero effort to hide your hatred of the profession. That cross must be awful heavy.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You ever been to Friday Night Steel? Cops aren't the only ones that can't shoot, even when there is no pressure.

I should be surprised by the path this thread has taken, but I'm not.

Well this thread IS about cops shooting and killing one of their own because of their lack of proficiency with a firearm.
    If you want to make excuses and deflect by throwing the "CoPs ArEnT tHe OnLy OnEs WhO cAnT sHoOt", thats on you.

Regular citizens aren't issued a firearm as a part of their uniform.
    Regular citizens cant draw and point their firearm without repercussions.
    Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well this thread IS about cops shooting and killing one of their own because of their lack of proficiency with a firearm.
    If you want to make excuses and deflect by throwing the "CoPs ArEnT tHe OnLy OnEs WhO cAnT sHoOt", thats on you.

Regular citizens aren't issued a firearm as a part of their uniform.
    Regular citizens cant draw and point their firearm without repercussions.
    Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard.
    This had nothing to do with lack of proficiency, and everything to do with being afraid to go hands on and tear the two apart. I’m confident in my firearms handling, but I’m not about to shoot into a wrestling match hoping to hit the bad guy?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom