Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    I have a French axe I love the most, it smells like wine. My German axe has a pine smell.
    I guess you could say I appreciate foreign axe scents.

This guy nose his axe scents! Love it SmileDocHill!
    The most deadly thing on a battlefield is one well-aimed shot. Sgt. Carlos Hathcock

User Info Menu

The right kind of axe can be a very effective defensive weapon...but it's generally not considered a ranged one. It's kind of like throwing a knife; if you don't stop the threat with the first try you now no longer have a knife and the threat is probably both pissed and more confident.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Really, no bad-dad jokes like:

"He's a total bad axe."
    or
    "Your Honor, I am not an axe murderer, it was self defense."
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

From the Article:

Im teaching people to throw axes its a fatal strike with immediate stopping power. If you shoot someone, it could take a while. When you get struck with an axe, its game over, he said, adding that its easier to train someone to throw a 2- to 5-pound axe than to use a gun. No ones going to get a gun permit in NYC, so why teach it to someone in NYC when they cant carry it in NYC?
    Were not looking to kill people, were looking to stop them, he added.

This statement is utterly idiotic. A thrown axe is not very likely to be an immediately kill, nor is it guaranteed to even stop them... and that's assuming you even hit them with the sharp end. This guy has been watching way too many martial arts movies. He sounds like one of those awkward teenagers who wax eloquent about how much better blades are than guns and have a closet full of cheap chinese junk swords and knives that they bought with their mom's credit cards.
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    From the Article:

Im teaching people to throw axes its a fatal strike with immediate stopping power. If you shoot someone, it could take a while. When you get struck with an axe, its game over, he said, adding that its easier to train someone to throw a 2- to 5-pound axe than to use a gun. No ones going to get a gun permit in NYC, so why teach it to someone in NYC when they cant carry it in NYC?
    Were not looking to kill people, were looking to stop them, he added.

This statement is utterly idiotic. A thrown axe is not very likely to be an immediately kill, nor is it guaranteed to even stop them... and that's assuming you even hit them with the sharp end. This guy has been watching way too many martial arts movies. He sounds like one of those awkward teenagers who wax eloquent about how much better blades are than guns and have a closet full of cheap chinese junk swords and knives that they bought with their mom's credit cards.
    Yea this guy reminds me of the gun experts behind the counter at many gun stores.

Master

User Info Menu

A tomahawk is an awesome offense / defense tool but it is NOT thrown!
    That dude ought to teach how to use a shepherd's sling to launch rocks!! Plus rocks are free...
    Going to hell to regroup

I am Asher's son.

There is a bit of science in silence.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

. I have a French axe I love the most, it smells like wine. My German axe has a pine smell.*
    Sheesh....

*Originally Posted by*SmileDocHill*

I have a French axe I love the most, it smells like wine. My German axe has a pine smell.*

This guy nose his axe scents! Love it SmileDocHill
    That's it. Youse guys is both on double secret joke probation...
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Sheesh....

That's it. Youse guys is both on double secret joke probation...
    Sounds like you have an axe to grind.....

Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2