• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How sad, because if I read my history correctly, Jewish people are among the most anti-firearm group around. Like a knife, never bring an ax to a gunfight.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . How sad, because if I read my history correctly, Jewish people are among the most anti-firearm group around. Like a knife, never bring an ax to a gunfight

Seriously? You may be correct if you're talking about the 5 boroughs, but if you're talking about an Israelite, not so much. Trust me, they understand what happens next after the government disarms you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If only they could come up with some tool that could help you defend yourself.
    You know, a tool to make men (and women) equal.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a French axe I love the most, it smells like wine. My German axe has a pine smell.
    I guess you could say I appreciate foreign axe scents.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    :joke:

The right kind of axe can be a very effective defensive weapon...but it's generally not considered a ranged one. It's kind of like throwing a knife; if you don't stop the threat with the first try you now no longer have a knife and the threat is probably both pissed and more confident.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    From the Article:

“I’m teaching people to throw axes — it’s a fatal strike with immediate stopping power. If you shoot someone, it could take a while. When you get struck with an axe, it’s game over,” he said, adding that it’s easier to train someone to throw a 2- to 5-pound axe than to use a gun. “No one’s going to get a gun permit in NYC, so why teach it to someone in NYC when they can’t carry it in NYC?”
    “We’re not looking to kill people, we’re looking to stop them,” he added.

This statement is utterly idiotic. A thrown axe is not very likely to be an immediately kill, nor is it guaranteed to even stop them... and that's assuming you even hit them with the sharp end. This guy has been watching way too many martial arts movies. He sounds like one of those awkward teenagers who wax eloquent about how much better blades are than guns and have a closet full of cheap chinese junk swords and knives that they bought with their mom's credit cards.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    From the Article:

“I’m teaching people to throw axes — it’s a fatal strike with immediate stopping power. If you shoot someone, it could take a while. When you get struck with an axe, it’s game over,” he said, adding that it’s easier to train someone to throw a 2- to 5-pound axe than to use a gun. “No one’s going to get a gun permit in NYC, so why teach it to someone in NYC when they can’t carry it in NYC?”
    “We’re not looking to kill people, we’re looking to stop them,” he added.

This statement is utterly idiotic. A thrown axe is not very likely to be an immediately kill, nor is it guaranteed to even stop them... and that's assuming you even hit them with the sharp end. This guy has been watching way too many martial arts movies. He sounds like one of those awkward teenagers who wax eloquent about how much better blades are than guns and have a closet full of cheap chinese junk swords and knives that they bought with their mom's credit cards.

Yea this guy reminds me of the “gun experts” behind the counter at many gun stores.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    A tomahawk is an awesome offense / defense tool but it is NOT thrown!
    That dude ought to teach how to use a shepherd's sling to launch rocks!! Plus rocks are free...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . I have a French axe I love the most, it smells like wine. My German axe has a pine smell.*

Sheesh....

*Originally Posted by*SmileDocHill*

I have a French axe I love the most, it smells like wine. My German axe has a pine smell.*

This guy nose his axe scents! Love it SmileDocHill

That's it. Youse guys is both on double secret joke probation...

Top Bottom