• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Has anyone here found a way to legally concealed carry in South Carolina while being an Indiana resident? It looks like you can only apply for a South Carolina permit if you own property there based on what is on their government website.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It makes me wonder whatever happened to the state of Massachusetts and South Carolina?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It makes me wonder whatever happened to the state of Massachusetts and South Carolina?

You and me both Coach. The events of 19 April 1775 wouldn't happen with today's Taxachusetts. SC is the odd one out in the southeast as far as Hoosiers carrying lawfully.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I think South Carolina just wants you to take a proficiency test first, because they honor NC licenses, but it seems weird that they dont let out of state people take the exam. I have friends and family in SC, so I go every year, but it sucks driving through places like Columbia with no protection.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Actually I wonder if that's a possibility? I'm assuming plots come with a deed?

Any land acqisition that i've heard of has some form of ownership documentation. If the rule is that you have to own land in SC, then if we formed a group and bought some horrid useless piece of ground, we'd be SC landowners.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Any land acqisition that i've heard of has some form of ownership documentation. If the rule is that you have to own land in SC, then if we formed a group and bought some horrid useless piece of ground, we'd be SC landowners.

I bet the headache of managing that / taxes / lawyer to add people etc would far outweigh the advantages of a handful of people who'd be up for it?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looks like they might not allow a group purchase of land. The form for proof is here http://www.sled.sc.gov/documents/CWP/CWP Nonresident Property Tax Form.pdf

Looks like they also dont recognize reciprocity for non resident licenses from any state which is unfortunate. I thought maybe we could get Kentucky non resident licenses since SC has reciprocity with Kentucky resident licenses.
    Form doesn’t differentiate betwixt one owner or an LLC,LLP, or....

So it looks as if an LLP, LLC, or some other multi-member non entity could actually do this?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Form doesn’t differentiate betwixt one owner or an LLC,LLP, or....

So it looks as if an LLP, LLC, or some other multi-member non entity could actually do this?

And then the LLC can carry. Unfortunately, lacking opposable thumbs, I'm not sure how it would grip the gun and pull the trigger.

Oh wait, didn't Mitt Romney say that corporations are people too?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So my nephew could sell me a piece of his property say 1 sq ft with a proper deed I'd be able to get a permit. Maybe someone in SC should start selling 1 sq ft peices just for this purpose. :D

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    It shouldnt be this stupid. I wonder if we could write a big letter to Tim Scott or Henry McMaster with all of our support to try to get Indiana reciprocity either accepted or to qualify for us to take an exam to get a non resident license.

Top Bottom