• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With numbers of recent terrorist attacks seemingly related to religion, should we be more aware through the end of year holiday celebrations?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Think it's best to always remain vigilant. Be aware of your surroundings and situations at all times

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Well, for "just in case," I wear my old Army ALICE LBE (Load Bearing Equipment), including pistol belt, suspenders, M16 ammo pouches, and the issued Bianchi holster for my Beretta 92G, along with two spare magazine pouches, along with two one-quart canteens in case the fight goes long. My M9 bayonet is on the belt, behind the handgun holster and the canteen. Oh, and the first aid pouch on my suspender, with its one combination bandage/dressing thing. Just in case....

Or, when I'm less stressed, my EDC, extra magazine, and a small-ish knife, coupled with standard vigilance, like everyday.

Adequate preparation is assessing the relative risk versus the burden of how much you're carrying, with a minimum level of equipment and a maximum level, to avoid looking crazy. If I need the gear described in purple, above, I'm not going unless I have some compelling reason to.

A holiday gathering took me to Cumberland on the far east side of Indy for the first time in years, and I was struck with how the 'hood had changed from the place where I grew up.

Top Bottom