Man defends himself during robbery attempt...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good ending.
    And I assume since it's clear by now that the potential victim acted lawfully, his gun has been promptly returned to him?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Man what a hell of an incident that was. The poor kid who had to defend his life from that ****head is all kinds of freaked out. ****head won’t be robbing anyone anymore though.....

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Man what a hell of an incident that was. The poor kid who had to defend his life from that ****head is all kinds of freaked out. ****head won’t be robbing anyone anymore though.....

Good for the kid and his reaction to the incident. Hopefully this will not deter him from continuing to carry.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It didn’t say if the robber had a weapon? If not, is the shooter in the clear..?

The story says the police say the shooter was being robbed. If the police and the reporter were reasonably precise and accurate with their wording, then by definition the assailant was using or threatening to use deadly force or serious bodily injury (
    violence, intimidation, or threat of force. in indiana-speak)
    to steal from the shooter. That would justify the shooter using deadly force to protect himself, regardless of method the assailant was using: gun, knife, fists the size of lunch boxes, etc. It's easier to demonstrate the use of deadly force or SBI if there is a separate weapon like a gun or knife.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When the crime lab is done testing and cataloguing it, and not a minute sooner.

Which should be able to be done in a matter of a few days at most by any lab that has as a top priority to serve the taxpayers.
    Waiting months and even years to have it returned in any other condition than it was when taken amounts to theft.

It's BS like this that makes me cringe whenever I see somebody putting a lot of money into an expensive everyday carry pistol.
    Knowing that if God forbid they have to use it for self defense, they've stopped one thief, only to their pistol stolen by what in essence is another thief.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Which should be able to be done in a matter of a few days at most by any lab that has as a top priority to serve the taxpayers.
    Waiting months and even years to have it returned in any other condition than it was when taken amounts to theft.

It's BS like this that makes me cringe whenever I see somebody putting a lot of money into an expensive everyday carry pistol.
    Knowing that if God forbid they have to use it for self defense, they've stopped one thief, only to their pistol stolen by what in essence is another thief.
    His life was potentially saved by his actions. As much as I agree that his gun should be returned promptly, sweating over a $500 Glock is silly. I would gladly use a $5,000 HK if my life, or yours was on the line. Guns are just tools.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    His life was potentially saved by his actions. As much as I agree that his gun should be returned promptly, sweating over a $500 Glock is silly. I would gladly use a $5,000 HK if my life, or yours was on the line. Guns are just tools.

Some people will lay on their death bed and wonder how they could have saved one more dollar. They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Top Bottom