Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Coyote Bites Boy ‘Multiple Times’ Near Chicago Northside

CHICAGO (CBS) — A 5-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon, after a coyote bit him several times outside a nature museum in Lincoln Park.

Police said the boy was near the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, at Fullerton and Cannon drives, when a coyote bit him “multiple times” around 4 p.m.

A Fire Department spokesman said the boy was bitten on the head.

In recent days, several coyotes have been spotted walking the streets of the North Side, from Lincoln Park to Old Town and the old Cabrini-Green area.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/01...nature-museum/

Sounds as if some of our Indiana coyote hunters need to shift their base of operations.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Nah. Guns is bad, remember? And Hoosiers with guns is the worst! I say let the good folks of Chicago figure it out on their own. They'll probably just elect him to something, before he starts ordering stuff from ACME.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I'd have mag-dumped on that mother****er. And then curbstomped the corpse.

User Info Menu

Why on earth would a smuggler bite a kid unless he was trying to get away?

Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

"Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

"Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Nah. Guns is bad, remember? And Hoosiers with guns is the worst! I say let the good folks of Chicago figure it out on their own. They'll probably just elect him to something, before he starts ordering stuff from ACME.
    Ha ha - well written.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian01 View Post
    Why on earth would a smuggler bite a kid unless he was trying to get away?

Doug
    ...I thought this was going to be where the boy chews his own head off, to get away from her...

User Info Menu

That's nature honey, you've now experienced it fully...well almost, it could have been a bear. Go ahead, pet that other fluffy little critter over there.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

5 year old eaten by cave bear, giant bird, dire wolf, and many others.

In the recent past that would be the end of that DNA chain only your smart ancestors lived the dumb ones died.
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Mason View Post
    CHICAGO (CBS) — A 5-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon, after a coyote bit him several times outside a nature museum in Lincoln Park.

Police said the boy was near the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, at Fullerton and Cannon drives, when a coyote bit him “multiple times” around 4 p.m.

A Fire Department spokesman said the boy was bitten on the head.

In recent days, several coyotes have been spotted walking the streets of the North Side, from Lincoln Park to Old Town and the old Cabrini-Green area.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/01...nature-museum/

Sounds as if some of our Indiana coyote hunters need to shift their base of operations.
    "The Humane Society advises that if you see a coyote, you should not run or turn your back. You should instead shout or throw something in the coyote’s direction, in what is called hazing."

But, I thought hazing was bad?

As for helping them...
    I'm hoping that state goes to hell, maybe the coyotes are helping.

User Info Menu

Visiting my daughter and son in law last week on the Marine base in Twentynine Palms, CA, we saw a bunch of yotes around the base. Mostly after dark and in the more remote parts of the base. My daughter and her friends, most of whom own small, yappy dogs, are irate about the situation. If they call PMO and complain, they're told, it's their home too.

My daughter sent me this the other day...

This basically a courtyard/playground area surrounded by enlisted housing. Each unit has a 5 foot fence around their patio area which are mostly inhabited by small, yappy dogs. Or to a coyote, dinner.

I think it will take a kid getting bit or, even worse, a LtCol's wife losing a chihuahua before anything is done.

Coyotes prowling areas with lots of human traffic in broad daylight should be exterminated ruthlessly and without exception.

Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast