Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Holsters for a Gen 5 G19?

As we all know, one of the first things we should do upon taking the mantle of carrying a sidearm for personal protection is "Get A Box".

Well, I need to add more things to the box.

Right now, I'm leaning towards a PHLster Classic https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop...assic-holster/ or a Henry Flint: https://www.henryholsters.com/product/aiwb-iwb-holster/

Leaning towards the Henry as an IWB / AIWB rig due to cost, that he's a Hoosier (even though he's from New York), and that he's an INGOer. He also makes PHLster's holsters for them... so even if I go that route I'd still be supporting him.

For OWB I'm leaning towards a Raven Perun. Most definitely cost effective and robust - and not flipping huge on the waistband as their older holsters were / as Bravo Concealment's holsters are now.

But - I'm definitely open to other suggestions. And since I'll be buying 2-3 holsters, cost is also a huge concern.

Holsters like the TRex Sidecar / Tier 1 Axis & Agis are out (For now) due to cost. Some of their other options are still on the table.

I'll also need a new IWB mag carrier. Or OWB carrier. Whatever. The current Blackhawk OWB carrier I have sits too proudly for me when I carry a double stack mag (single stack for my Shield is great!)

Difficulty level: Needs to be RMR compatible (rear sight behind optic) and threaded barrel compatible. I also need to either have OEM or be compatible with Pull The Dot loops. This is for both IWB and OWB.

So - what say you?
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

I haven't owned any of your linked brands but that Henry looks pretty nice. I agree on the pull dot loops I just don't trust the plastic belt clips even though i've never had a problem I just personally decided to eliminate the possibility. I'm using a Bravo right now for my G5 19 MOS and don't think it has too big of a footprint but seems 'plasticy' which I don't like. Everything now from Raven to me looks like plastic junk, I wish they would make the Phantoms again and with real kydex. I'm looking for a decent mag carrier as well, many just come with the belt clips.

User Info Menu

I have Raven Peruns for the Gen 5 17 and 19. Excellent quality. No disappointments.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fjw2 View Post
    I have Raven Peruns for the Gen 5 17 and 19. Excellent quality. No disappointments.
    I've read some online reviews that say that the Perun doesn't ride nearly "high and tight" as the old Phantoms. What's your experience with that?

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I'm afraid to try some of the new holsters for the same fears that drillsgt expresses. They all look injection molded like cheap Fobus'?

I have older Bravo and Ravens made of kydex that seem to work fine for my newish G45 without optic. I don't junk carry though, so the good old kydex stuff might not be applicable?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    I've read some online reviews that say that the Perun doesn't ride nearly "high and tight" as the old Phantoms. What's your experience with that?
    I would say they carry the weight very well. Tight enough against your side without jamming it into you. It doesnít carry what you would call high either. Itís in the right position so that when you bring your hand back to grip the gun it seems natural. If I had one thing to mention that I had to get used to it and would be the guard that comes up on the outside of the slide. For reholstering you need to bring the gun from behind it. Nothing to worry about after spending some time with it.

User Info Menu

My current favorite holster is from JM Custom. (One of their quick ship options for G19)

Hop

User Info Menu

G-code too expensive? You can do an IWB with sidecar but it's as much as your black-listed holsters.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/holsters/

Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

User Info Menu

I am always a fan of Raven Concealment Systems.
    I also invested in the Tier 1 Aegis with TRL-1 mounted. It's the cat's a$$.
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    G-code too expensive? You can do an IWB with sidecar but it's as much as your black-listed holsters.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/category/holsters/
    I have an older INCOG that I bought for my Shield years ago. I've never liked it. It mainly serves to cover the trigger guard as the gun sits in my bedside safe. I've been leery of GCode ever since. Plus they don't seem to sell the mounting solutions that I like / or seem like they can be adapted easily (I want soft loops!). But I'll peruse their website again and see if anything's changed.

I'll also look into JM Custom.

thanks all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast