• ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey all,
    Found a thread that was a couple years old on Minnesota carry as an Indiana resident by Rhino (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efense/434912-minnesota-carry-strategery.html), but even during that thread, the “rules” changed deeming his initial approach invalid.

I know these laws change quickly, and the in-laws, wife, and I are headed up to do some fishing this summer. I’ve never been, but it’s where my wife and her family used to go every summer. Planning a bunch of fishing in a remote camping area. I’d like to bring a pistol for any possible 2-legged and/or 4-legged dangers, but it looks like the only way to get a MN non-res is to be there in person which isn’t much help. Kentucky non-res would be convenient, but it doesn’t appear they have that.

Any work arounds? I only have an Indiana LTCH. Also, this is all such a crock... I’m even willing to do whatever it takes (training, fees, etc.), and it’s still difficult/impossible(?) without physically going there to even be able to apply.

Thanks in advance!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bear spray? Fixed blade?

Sometimes you just gotta leave it at home. (or risk dealing with the man for breakin the rules) Sucks, but such is life.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    The way it looks to me you have two choices, the first is to go to MN and do their training and apply for license. The second option would be to move to Illinois and get their CCL. I personally do not recommend moving to Illinois. Jim.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yeah, thanks guys. Those are the only options I could come up with. Just didn’t know if anyone knew something that I was missing. Thanks.

Top Bottom