Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expert

User Info Menu

The coyote had rabies, so it probably was easier to kill since it was not in full control of its senses. Still, hats off to the guy. I hope the rabies shots are not as painful as I have heard.
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

Smile As for me.....

Praise for the Dad saving the Child.

In my case, it would be a Double Tap of Critical Duty 9MM...

If I had the time/access=12Ga.-3"-OOB

If I REALLY had the time=52Gr. -22-250 Remington.....Bill.
    "It's more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone".

NRA Life Member since 1976+Outdoor Sportsman

Plinker

User Info Menu

Again people and kids out near possible critters and found to be rabid! No wonder folks carry a CCW, in their yard, out in the woods, or even on city streets.(recent sightings and capture in Chicago). You should carry, always. Practice!

I had an old, foamy raccoon hanging around my trash cans looking for a meal, in broad daylight. So what? Well, what is this? I tried to spook him out to the 40 acre behind my house. Nope, just hissed. Stood his ground.

Mr Mossberg said "Good Bye".Boom! With big gloves, winged him in the field, and heard noises like a baby crying. Coyotes had dinner. They probably watched the whole episode, undetected.

Now I carry outdoors. Always. The next Coyote could be on you!

User Info Menu

I can see this happening. In high school some friends and I rolled a car into a ditch. I was the only one to crawl out in half decent shape. 2 others had broken pelvis injuries and couldn't walk at all. The driver had his left arm pinned under the roof of the car on the downhill side. Somehow I rolled a full size late 80's Buick up hill off his arm by myself. To this day I swear some random guy showed up to help me, but everyone there says no one but me pushed the car up off his arm. Now that was just a friend in a non life threatening situation. I can't imagine if my kids were involved.

User Info Menu

Some more of that toxic masculinity running amok, I guess.

User Info Menu

That was “metal”?

I think I am using that in the right context?

Overheard some young people using the word!
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    That was “metal”?

I think I am using that in the right context?

Overheard some young people using the word!
    Yup, you used it right...

What does metal mean? metal Definition. Meaning of metal. OnlineSlangDictionary.com

User Info Menu

I wonder if the dad will purchase a carry weapon now for just this type of occasion?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    I wonder if the dad will purchase a carry weapon now for just this type of occasion?
    Seems like it would be a good investment, right? Though I feel like choking coyotes myself. Seems like every year I see more and more of the bastards in the woods. Ran into a big one last weekend when I was out goose hunting, juuuust out of range of my 12guage. They Eat up all the animals I'm trying to eat up, apparently the women and kiddies too.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I can’t even imagine being in that situation. But I know for da*n sure id do whatever it
    took for my baby girl. I wouldn’t care if it was a squirrel or a bear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2