• ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Dad chokes coyote to death after it attacks his son

A Kensington, N.H., man is being hailed as a hero after he strangled a coyote that had attacked his son, only two hours after the same coyote bit a woman, according to New Hampshire police.

How many times do we hear, "The gun is just a tool, YOU are the weapon." How many of us actually believe it?
    Couldn't read it due to pop ups or subscription notices but...
    Thats amazing, they are tough to kill.
    I wrestle hard with my great dane and to think of a wild creature defending his life, well, I wouldn't want to go up against that dude.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Couldn't read it due to pop ups or subscription notices but...
    Thats amazing, they are tough to kill.
    I wrestle hard with my great dane and to think of a wild creature defending his life, well, I wouldn't want to go up against that dude.

We often find super human strength when defending our young. The ability to fight to the death comes forward.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    We often find super human strength when defending our young. The ability to fight to the death comes forward.

Adrenaline...is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands (located above the kidneys) that is released during conditions of stress, that increases the rates of blood circulation, breathing, and carbohydrate metabolism (aka, think 'increased strength') and prepares muscles for exertion...also called epinephrine. Hope that makes sense...it's just the old biology teacher in me coming out!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Adrenaline...is a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands (located above the kidneys) that is released during conditions of stress, that increases the rates of blood circulation, breathing, and carbohydrate metabolism (aka, think 'increased strength') and prepares muscles for exertion...also called epinephrine. Hope that makes sense...it's just the old biology teacher in me coming out!

Makes perfect sense to any who have had that boost.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Can we buy that in pill form? LOL

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

Makes perfect sense to any who have had that boost.

Can we buy that in pill form? LOL

It's the euphoric feeling (trembling and shaking) one experiences during a 'fight-or-flight' situation...after which one feels 'weak' or 'shaky' when the epinephrine wears off...and one returns to being a regular human after their green monster (inside) calms down!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's the euphoric feeling (trembling and shaking) one experiences during a 'fight-or-flight' situation...after which one feels 'weak' or 'shaky' when the epinephrine wears off...and one returns to being a regular human after their green monster (inside) calms down!

Yes sir.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The coyote had rabies, so it probably was easier to kill since it was not in full control of its senses. Still, hats off to the guy. I hope the rabies shots are not as painful as I have heard.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    As for me.....

Praise for the Dad saving the Child.

In my case, it would be a Double Tap of Critical Duty 9MM...

If I had the time/access=12Ga.-3"-OOB

If I REALLY had the time=52Gr. -22-250 Remington.....Bill.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Again people and kids out near possible critters and found to be rabid! No wonder folks carry a CCW, in their yard, out in the woods, or even on city streets.(recent sightings and capture in Chicago). You should carry, always. Practice!

I had an old, foamy raccoon hanging around my trash cans looking for a meal, in broad daylight. So what? Well, what is this? I tried to spook him out to the 40 acre behind my house. Nope, just hissed. Stood his ground.

Mr Mossberg said "Good Bye".Boom! With big gloves, winged him in the field, and heard noises like a baby crying. Coyotes had dinner. They probably watched the whole episode, undetected.

Now I carry outdoors. Always. The next Coyote could be on you!

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    I can see this happening. In high school some friends and I rolled a car into a ditch. I was the only one to crawl out in half decent shape. 2 others had broken pelvis injuries and couldn't walk at all. The driver had his left arm pinned under the roof of the car on the downhill side. Somehow I rolled a full size late 80's Buick up hill off his arm by myself. To this day I swear some random guy showed up to help me, but everyone there says no one but me pushed the car up off his arm. Now that was just a friend in a non life threatening situation. I can't imagine if my kids were involved.

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I wonder if the dad will purchase a carry weapon now for just this type of occasion?

Seems like it would be a good investment, right? Though I feel like choking coyotes myself. Seems like every year I see more and more of the bastards in the woods. Ran into a big one last weekend when I was out goose hunting, juuuust out of range of my 12guage. They Eat up all the animals I'm trying to eat up, apparently the women and kiddies too.

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    I can’t even imagine being in that situation. But I know for da*n sure id do whatever it
    took for my baby girl. I wouldn’t care if it was a squirrel or a bear.

Top Bottom