Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Carry pepper spray or not?

I need to update my pepper spray carry. I've kept FoxLabs small canisters under the visors in my vehicles for years for just in case. These are expired and need to be replaced.

I'd like to find a replacement that rides in a "no accidents" tube to be stowed in my EDC bag.

I don't really carry pepper spray on me EDC. I certainly like the idea of a non lethal "back the **** off" solution within reach to put into use should the need arise.

I wonder what others do with pepper spray?

These guys put out some decent vids on the subject...

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

After taking Murph's class, I find I really like the Sabre Red this guy shows. In fact yesterday I just bought another tube since they do have a shelf life.

And PRACTICE. Buy an inert training version of whatever you carry and practice spraying someone so you know how it actually deploys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Plinker

User Info Menu

I second the Sabre Red good product.

User Info Menu

I carry the Sabre Red. I have it on me all the time. It rides in a combo, multi-purpose tool/pepper spray, holster. Most people assume it is an LED flashlight on my belt.
    ďKeep your friends close and your enemies closer." -- SunTzu

Expert

User Info Menu

I keep one in each of my two main coats. Matter of fact, I just replaced mine. Just to see, I fired off the old ones and found that the pressure was very low. The stuff only shot out about six feet and without much force.

User Info Menu

I always figured that by the time I'd pepper spray something I'd just as soon .45 spray it; and if you try to pepper spray it first you just might lose that option. Now, if I had some CS grenades to prep the area...
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

A non-lethal option is seldom considered. It's better to have it than wish you did?

You just can't shoot aggressive pan handlers or political thugs that might harm you while in your face.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

And PRACTICE. Buy an inert training version of whatever you carry and practice spraying someone so you know how it actually deploys.
    Use your expired canisters to practice on inanimate objects. Pattern, distance, wind, etc.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    A non-lethal option is seldom considered. It's better to have it than wish you did?

You just can't shoot aggressive pan handlers or political thugs that might harm you while in your face.

And we have plenty of these to go around.
    Anything is possible

User Info Menu

I donít carry any right now. But it is something Iíve been considering for awhile.

INGOer #18,319

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast