• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a G45 and a G19 MOS. I might want to use the G19 MOS slide with red dot sight on the longer grip frame G45. That puts me with a carry gun with different serial numbers for the barrel and upper than are engraved on the frame.

I am assuming that there are no problems with carrying either of these guns with the slide and barrel not matching the frame serial numbers? Maybe there is? :dunno:

I realize that if for some odd reason officers may have to run the serial numbers, that they would likely have to run both serials. I wonder how common this is and or if it might cause me some difficulties? Difficulties during a "check for stolen?:rolleyes:"

Worse yet, difficulties if the gun needs to be used for self defense?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    It's becoming much more common with the advent of the 80% frames to encounter what used to be referred to as a "frankenglock". Many times dealers can split the frame and slide for separate sale and make more money on the gun than selling it complete. As was stated earlier the federally recognized number is what is embedded in the frame. A LEO should know that the only relevant number is the one on the frame if they choose to run it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Worse yet, difficulties if the gun needs to be used for self defense?

"Your honor, I will demonstrate to the jury that the defendant modified his firearm in such a way to maximize pain and suffering of my client during the break-in. You can see here that these serial numbers are chosen in such a way to maximize velocity and grip, and make the bullets go faster."

A lawyer will make a point of anything.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So your average non-gun guy cop is not gonna have a conniption about different serial numbers on one gun?

Whats the better approach from my end, if an officer is about to run the serial numbers on the Glock? Say something about it or keep my mouth shut until asked?

Would the average cop compare the serials or even look to see if they match?

Last edited:

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Just tell the cop that it is a really long serial number, explain to him that you start reading it on the barrel and it finishes on the frame.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    So your average non-gun guy cop is not gonna have a conniption about different serial numbers on one gun?

Whats the better approach from my end, if an officer is about to run the serial numbers on the Glock? Say something about it or keep my mouth shut until asked?

Who knows what is "average" anymore. If it were me I would remind him that if he feels compelled to check the numbers, the only numbers that matter are on the frame. Most firearms are only marked in one location anyway and I would be curious to know why Glock chose to number all three of the primary components but that's a completely irrelevant question in this discussion. :)
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men don't train or shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” Coach[/FONT]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Who knows what is "average" anymore. If it were me I would remind him that if he feels compelled to check the numbers, the only numbers that matter are on the frame. Most firearms are only marked in one location anyway and I would be curious to know why Glock chose to number all three of the primary components but that's a completely irrelevant question in this discussion. :)
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men don't train or shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” Coach[/FONT]
    Its a European thing I guess they’ve always multi numbered guns for some reason.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I'm assuming that all of the items are yours, correct? So even if a LEO wanted to check the numbers, none of them would come back as stolen.

I don't see this being a problem at all. The number on the frame is the only one that matters.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    DNA cross checking will confirm that it's yours. Everyone who watches TV knows that any CSI Miami lab tech can get that narrowed down in their allotted time slot and still catch the bad guy.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

No further on this? We are relatively sure that mixed serial numbers on a Glock won't stir up undo trouble?

Don't overthink it. There will be no undue trouble from this for goodness sakes. Mix your frame and receivers at will.

Top Bottom