• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpawhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2020
    Laporte County
    Due to my body shape I prefer owb vs iwb. but I do print. Any suggestions? I have done extensive research and I am probably kicking a dead horse but I cannot find a law that says Indiana has to be cc. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Open carry is totally legal in Indiana. (someone will be along with some codes shortly)

In the summer I carry both IWB and OWB and printing just happens. Sometimes my shirt comes completely up depending what I'm doing. I really am not trying to hide it much or worry about it and for the most part, people just don't see it. Most sheep are oblivious.

There is a good write-up on INGO from a while back but it still holds true.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/71996-open-carry-argument.html#post803054

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont sweat it. Most people dont even realize you are carrying when you OC. If they see you printing they wont have a clue. We tend to overthink this.

Unless you are carrying in a non permissive environment (carrying where it is illegal) dont worry about it.

And if anyone happens to say "hey, whats that bulge?" answer one of two answers "insulin pump" or "colostomy bag interface". :): (either will likely cause the questioner to not want to push it further)

Hell, I "OC" IWB all the time. Hardly anyone notices. My pastor's 9yo grandson saw it and asked "what is that?" He didnt realize it was a gun, because he couldnt see the whole thing and connect the dots.

Relax. Its not as obvious as you think.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You have a license to carry a handgun.

It's not a concealed carry permit.

As others have said. Carry however you choose.

I partake in both, pending on where I'm going.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    In Illinois I had a CCW permit. There is no open pistol carry there. Had to hide the pistol. Printing was a no no. The way people were in Northern Illinois from Rockford to Chicago, They would call the cops on you if they thought you had a gun. Back in Indiana with a LTCH now, I don't care if I print. I just make sure I am aware of it. And I will stay vigilant of anyone else paying attention to it like when I open carry.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My style is "sloppy CC" - large frame pistol in OWB holster with a sweater over it. I fully expect to be in the "where did you see CC?" thread.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Exactly. Shop around and buy a sturdier shirt, maybe sized a little bigger. A solid thicker t-shirt like a Carhart or Duluth does fine or have your Hawaiian style collared shirts pressed with a slight starch.

Also, up your pants size if needed to get the IWB holster in there.

A little printing doesn't matter, but you should be able to stand up strait and it goes away.

A lot of times, folks that print badly carry at 4:00. The gun just sticks out like sore thumb. Move that gun around to 3:00, with a holster cant that will lay the grip against your body. Your right arm/elbow will mask it all. This also makes for a much better drawstroke, if heaven forbid you have to do that.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I also carry owb under a shirt... full size m&p prints pretty good but most don’t look up from their phone long enough to notice a car coming at them let alone my bulge

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I would not worry about it, better to focus on your surroundings, and people in the vicinity. You don’t mention what your edc is but, I carry a 1911 and a P365 and an extra 10 round magazine in complete gray man fashion. finding the right set up makes it all possible.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Due to my body shape I prefer owb vs iwb. but I do print. Any suggestions? I have done extensive research and I am probably kicking a dead horse but I cannot find a law that says Indiana has to be cc. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Over the last ten years, my whole wardrobe has been changed to clothes that allow me either to pocket carry, or CC OWB...these are the only two ways I carry. A little printing happens, but it does look dumb when someone has a tight fitting shirt, slid over a pistol. It's obvious, and they would look better just to OC.

It all comes down to the right clothes, the right belt, and the right holster. JMHO

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    We should probably define the term "Printing".

ad7XfQy.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Exactly. Shop around and buy a sturdier shirt, maybe sized a little bigger. A solid thicker t-shirt like a Carhart or Duluth does fine or have your Hawaiian style collared shirts pressed with a slight starch.

Also, up your pants size if needed to get the IWB holster in there.

A little printing doesn't matter, but you should be able to stand up strait and it goes away.

A lot of times, folks that print badly carry at 4:00. The gun just sticks out like sore thumb. Move that gun around to 3:00, with a holster cant that will lay the grip against your body. Your right arm/elbow will mask it all. This also makes for a much better drawstroke, if heaven forbid you have to do that.

Like BW said, a heavier collared shirt like a RedHead or a Hawaiian shirt (camo works in other ways) can make carrying concealed a lot easier. It is easier if you're this side of Seymour (north of 50 ;) ) because clothing choices make concealing a handgun much easier.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I prefer OWB. Winter is easy. Dickies long sleeved shirts will conceal full size when reaching on shelves. Coat covers the bulge. In summer with long pants, I wear oversized walmart short sleeved plaid patterned shirts. Conceals well and I wear these as an over shirt. When it's really hot with shorts, I go IWB small frame and appendix carry with any T shirt. These are pretty cheap options where shirts are used as outer garments. Makes you look a bit sloppy and not suitable for nice restraunts. I just open carry when I take the wife out for dinner.

Top Bottom