• ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    https://lawofselfdefense.com/after-action-analysis-march-10-2020/

"Meat" starts at around 12 minutes in. Dog attacks a little girl and breakdown. Second part guy points a gun at protestors and breakdown.

Watch and maybe learn something. If you want to and have time. If anything just to see how hard the dog hits the little girl.

Video from youtube. Sorry about the member only thing.

[video=youtube;P0BAnFod5fs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=P0BAnFod5fs&feature=emb_lo go[/video]

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As with anything involving a dog emotions tend to get stupid. Keep it real folks.
    I have not watched the video yet. And since it requires some hurdles be cleared most likely will not.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I don't do hurdles.[video=youtube;iYhsJkjBTGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhsJkjBTGo[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One of the times someone commented on the "paranoid if you think you need a gun".
    I replied with a comment about, there was a dog attack the other day, in "such and such" town.
    Would you bravely run in there and get tore up, or would you rather shoot the dog, save the kid, AND yourself.

I could see the gears slowly turning.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've never seen a dog act like that. I'm not sure I'd use a gun in that situation with so many people and a child there. Over penetration would be a huge factor. I think I'd grab my EDC knife and go for the throat and or the heart. It looked like the dog locked on to the child. How did they finally get it to let go?

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I have been asked why I carry an ESEE Izula next to my spare mags. This is where I would deploy it. When the dog is clear of people it would be handled appropriately.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    As a former mailman and avid runner Ive had several encounters with dogs. None have led to an actual fight but a few were scarily close. They are very quick. Honestly, Im not sure I have the skills to shoot something moving that fast. I am, however, an experienced grappler and decent kickboxer...Id likely take some damage but Id probably be able to win, in the end, against most dogs out there. If I had to fight a dog I think Id rather have a baseball bat than a gun. Especially with other people around.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Yup, I had a dog whose reaction to my new born daughter got it to spend the rest of its life in the garage; I never trusted it again. People are more important than pets.

We gave ours away for this reason. One day, dog and son were on opposite sides of the sliding glass door. Son was playfully slapping at the glass, dog was snarling, viciously barking at my son. The look in his eyes was 'kill'. The bond was severed instantly. I wasnt the least bit sad when we dropped him off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We gave ours away for this reason. One day, dog and son were on opposite sides of the sliding glass door. Son was playfully slapping at the glass, dog was snarling, viciously barking at my son. The look in his eyes was 'kill'. I wasnt the least bit sad when we dropped him off.

I have known people to keep dogs like this. For reasons that make zero sense to me. People 1st. Always. Especially children.

We had a serious Doberman when my son came home from the hospital. We were concerned as to the dogs reaction. The dog sniffed the baby. Laid on the floor next to his crib and monitored everyone that came close to him. Slept on the floor next to his bed at night. Kept him in sight constantly. It seemed he took him on as a brother. Anything less and he would have been in a new home sans kids. Or buried in the garden.

Top Bottom