• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Has there been any data on measuring the effects of lulling a gun grabbing society into thinking very few people carry guns vs the benefit of CC?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    The libs certainly do not need any more help in their fight to disarm us.

reminds me of a joke where the mean bully on his way to school each morning would go by the house with the chained dog. He could see where the grass started so he knew how long the chain is. So he would torment and throw things at the chained dog knowing he was safe because of the chain. Over the weekend, the chain broke so the homeowner bought a new one. On Monday the boy was mauled to death as the new chain was 2 feet longer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How many people carry guns PERIOD? We don't know. I think you could get close with an NRA members survey done by the NRA (that crap Luntz did in 2012 on Doomberg's dime was just that, crap, but that's another thread) because you have a known population who would not hang up when asked or not provide accurate info.

Maybe the Annual Meeting would be the best place to do it. You know the person across the table is an NRA rep, a minute of your time for some bling should do it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Has there been any data on measuring the the effects of antagonizing a gun grabbing society vs the benefit of OC?

I would suggest to you that exposing and counteracting the irrational hostilities of gun grabbers is actually one of the benefits of OC.

Your question presupposes that the measured effects would be or have been primarily negative. That's certainly not been the case from my perspective.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    OC-ed all last week. What is this antagonizing thing?
    It's not, to people that have any brains. I prefer to just CC, but it certainly does not bother me if someone, within confines of the law, decides to carry their Roscoe out in the open. Everything seems to get most people's panties in a wad almost daily, so if one does decide to OC, then they ought to be ready to counter any moron who decides to make an issue of it. Sooner or later, the OC'er will probably have this happen, even though it shouldn't.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    As a natural introvert I cc. However there was a short time I experimented with a shoulder holster openly, for only a few weeks or so many years back...I had one interaction and Id say it was positive. Just my personal preference but I dont particularly want any attention - especialy to antagonize liberals - when Im out and about.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's not, to people that have any brains. I prefer to just CC, but it certainly does not bother me if someone, within confines of the law, decides to carry their Roscoe out in the open. Everything seems to get most people's panties in a wad almost daily, so if one does decide to OC, then they ought to be ready to counter any moron who decides to make an issue of it. Sooner or later, the OC'er will probably have this happen, even though it shouldn't.
    Just to make a bit of a distinction.

The OP's "antagonizing" requires intent. I have absolutely NO intent to "antagonize" anyone with how I choose to dress. Comfort, convenience, and utility are my drivers. That's it.

If someone has "their panties in a wad", that is on them.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Three things:

1) They don't know who you are.

2) They don't have to know you are carrying.

3) They probably don't know what the 'Molan Labe' on your shirt means...

Top Bottom