Lawrence County Sheriff's Office and Mitchell PD STOP PROCESSING LTCH APPS!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I AM LIVID!

[video=youtube_share;s6ivlbJUL88]https://youtu.be/s6ivlbJUL88[/video]

Props to BEDFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT for not following these other agencies!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Greenwood PD is doing the same thing.

I do not know how it is legal for them to do so. There simply HAS to be a way to do this and not have much "social distance" contact with the great unwashed masses.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    In related news. from the Maryland state police site:

Pursuant to Governor Lawrence Hogan’s declaration of a state of emergency in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and his order elevating the Pandemic Flu and Other Infectious Diseases threat to Level II, effectively immediately, the Maryland Department of State Police - Licensing Division offices located at 1111 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, will close to the public for walk-in service. The building’s closure to the public will remain in effect until the declared state of emergency is terminated and the catastrophic health emergency is rescinded.

I guess they have only one location for this? Maryland is not very big and hostile to boot.

But:

The Governor of Maryland issued an order extending the expiration of all state issued licensed that would normally expire and be renewable during the time frame of the state of emergency to 30 days past the end of the state of emergency.

It specifically says "all"; driver licenses, vehicle registrations, and occupational licenses are specifically called out as "included", but says any license issued by the state or any agency or any political subdivision.

So I guess you can't get a new "handgun wear and carry permit" but if your old one expires during the emergency it's still good until 30 days after the emergency is lifted.

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Licenses-Permits-Registration.pdf

Also agencies and subdivisions can relax statutory time limits for the duration. I predict that among other things the court calenders are going in the toilet.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Contingent on your ability to convince a hostile Maryland police officer that your expired permit isn't really expired, of course.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Guy just had the Fortville Police Chief on his show and thanked him for figuring out how to continue to process LTCH applications. They had originally suspended that service as well.

Top Bottom