Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Venting about a OC

I was in a check out line today and the guy in front of me had a 1911 in a shoulder rig. The gun was cocked and I hope locked. It was a sturdy rig not a cheap holster by any means. I carry daily and OC a lot my concern is this guy grabbed his gun several times. After a few times I politely asked him not to grab his gun anymore. He got defensive with me and I told him I have been looking down your barrel for the pat 5 minutes. Every time you grab it I try to get out of line but you keep twisting and sweeping every one around here. His reply was if you are afraid of guns don't buy one but it is my right to carry one. It wasn't worth starting something but we need to beware that I had a gun pointed at me today and the wearer grabbed it multiple times. When you run a horizontal Shoulder rig the gun is pointing backwards People behind you get a look down the barrel and when you grab it not knowing what your intentions are can be scary. Sometime we are our worst enemy.

Rant over.
    Carry on safely

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I hate it when they will not stop touching the gun. Leave it the absolute hell alone unless you have to take it out of the holster. And yes I would have had words with him. More severe than you did.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I understand the feeling, but was getting out of that line not an option? Life it too short to spend it standing next to jack wagons.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    I understand the feeling, but was getting out of that line not an option? Life it too short to spend it standing next to jack wagons.
    Man have you seen the lines lately.....

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Yea we could have moved line but I was shopping for a elderly person and needed trash stickers so I had to go to the register not the uscan. I saw the rig and didn't think anything about it till he grabbed the gun. The gal infront of him had to put her purchase on 3 or 4 different cards so it was a slow trans action. He wanted to escalate it but not in Walmart.
    I got behind him because custom leather and nice 1911 usually means they respect what they have.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Water63 View Post
    Yea we could have moved line but I was shopping for a elderly person and needed trash stickers so I had to go to the register not the uscan. I saw the rig and didn't think anything about it till he grabbed the gun. The gal infront of him had to put her purchase on 3 or 4 different cards so it was a slow trans action. He wanted to escalate it but not in Walmart.
    I got behind him because custom leather and nice 1911 usually means they respect what they have.
    Possibly new gun owner...?????

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Constantly touching the gun (indexing) is a sign of an inappropriate attitude toward going armed.
    The person needs constant reassurance that the gun is there. It's providing comfort much the same as a security blanket or a pacifier.
    I try to avoid insecure gun carriers.
    It is better to do good than not to do bad.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I love how you politely call someone on something and they throw it on you yet they are the ones with hurt feelings. Its sometimes easier to remove yourself from the area instead of conversing with those types

This also proves my statement that just because Dad showed you to hunt squirrls doesn't mean you know how to carry a gun

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Each to His own..BUT..

I know you can, but to me, a shoulder rig with open carry would be kind of stupid...
    Lately I have been using my Galco horizontal rig due to a recent hip injury, but I would NEVER use it without a cover of some kind.

I guess?? that the good news is that this "Dude" was carrying top notch equipment???

It may?? have been wise to stand to the far one side or the other of a JackWagon like this??..Bill.
    "It's more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone".

NRA Life Member since 1976+Outdoor Sportsman

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I would have been great if you'd have whipped out your phone and taken some pictures to post here, so we'd all know who to watch out for.

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast