Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pants

Plinker

User Info Menu

Pants

If you decide to carry IWB, do you put on pants that are 1-2 sizes bigger than your waist? Does that mean shopping for pants with your IWB to get the right fit?

And is there a separate wardrobe for IWB versus OWB? Seems like a big pain---all your pants are 1 or 2 sizes too large and you have to wear belts all the time.

User Info Menu

There are stretch jeans out there that can really help too.

User Info Menu

My waist is about 34" and I buy Wrangler carpenter pants and Wrangler cargo pants. I buy 34"waist and I wear IWB holster and a Glock 17. Fits me well. If I carried IWB at the office I would wear a 35" or 36" waist in dress slacks. Thankfully, my office attire has been shoved to the back of the closet.
    Keep a firm grip

User Info Menu

Iíve found that it depends. Iíve been losing weight and I can now fit into 34ís. When I first found that I could ďfitĒ in them, carrying IWB was not comfortable. They were snug without a holster but not uncomfortable. But when I squeezed a IWB holster in there...ehhh...I got the 36s back out of the closet and that was much more comfortable.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Depends on the pants of course, but I really like Prana "Zion Stretch" Convertible.
    They have plenty of pockets and plenty of room and are very durable.
    The only thing that changed,(and of course they couldn't leave them alone) is the cargo pockets are
    slightly shorter now so my freaking 5.7" phone doesn't stay in as well as my older pairs.
    I have some in my normal size and some one size larger.
    The type of IWB holster will make a difference too obviously. I recommend Comp-tac Minataur. FWIW
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

User Info Menu

I use a king tuck IWB holster and wear a 32" waistband. My older jeans have plenty of room, slightly stretched? IDK. Newer pants are a little tighter but still doable, this is with a Glock 43.
    Anything bigger is OWB
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Squander View Post
    If you decide to carry IWB, do you put on pants that are 1-2 sizes bigger than your waist? Does that mean shopping for pants with your IWB to get the right fit?

And is there a separate wardrobe for IWB versus OWB? Seems like a big pain---all your pants are 1 or 2 sizes too large and you have to wear belts all the time.

Yeah carry and non carry sizes may be the order of the day. I donít see requirement of a belt being an issue? Especially if you go owb you going to need a belt regardless.

User Info Menu

What are pants?

User Info Menu

I wear 35" ish pants and do not buy larger than I typically wear. I wear AIWB.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

I don't buy a bigger size pant to carry IWB and I've carried that way for years. I've found for me the belt is the most important part of comfortable and secure carry - IWB or OWB. And I go both ways.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast