• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I was questioned by a friend that knows my MO and was called on my hip gun being a hi-cap 9mm recently. It gave me pause to explain. We here at Freedom Ranch have adopted to the pandemic in the fact that my normal big bore low round count street defense needed an update as there are more pandemic zombies that may need dispatched far beyond the normal number during these times. A DefCon 4 if you will. Having mastered human behavior 101 I know what panicked peeps can do. Even crazy un panicked peeps.
    So now, that the rate of instability is higher in numbers, I am forced to volumize the round count. Evidence of our society that can not grasp the meaning of essential is proof that the Darwin factor runs way past just some casual gun owners. As proved by a few snared posts on this forum where the concept of not sugar coating everything has them taking the bait in silly responses and exposing their real knowledge once in awhile. Now, take these same puppets and add a pandemic. So my friends, until we get back to our new normal, yes you will see me topping off and staying in shape with a skill set first followed with a volume of munitions.

Anyone else changing up anything during this time?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I switched from my normal IWB holster to my Galco FED paddle holster. I think it's more comfortable and easier to draw from.

My wife says it's cause I watched the show Justified too much.:rolleyes:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    More pandemic zombies? I’m out on the streets of the inner city every single day and I can tell you that traffic is exceptionally light, and congregating groups are all but nonexistent. What playbook are you working from? The once-crowded grocery lines have normalized and public spaces in general are sparse.

Crowds of zombies would stick out like a sore thumb and your best defense would be to un-ass the area when you notice said crowd since you’d most likely be able to recognize the threat from a mile away.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Zombie apocalypse fantasy?
    Murder rate seems lowered and the people seem slightly more tolerant and polite if anything. Don't know:dunno: Maybe going into Indy every day and dealing with real criminals has given me the experience needed to make any educated adjustments if needed.

Bob

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't seen any change in threat level here in my small town, so no change in my carry. I did get the AR pistol w/brace out in my home office.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I re-loaded my SD carry mags with the next step up ammo in .45ACP. I also went from 1 spare mag to having 2.
    I started more OC just because.

Just because I can.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    A change in posture would require a significant change in environment.
    The current impetus, or any for that matter, does little to change the number of non-essential debris that occupy this AO.

Your choice, if any to alter your behavior is either reactionary or unnecessary.
    If you didn't see this coming, then you are already behind the curve regarding what is about to happen.

You have my empathy, but not my respect.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Wait. We have puppets?

YjBjnsw.gif

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A change in posture would require a significant change in environment.
    The current impetus, or any for that matter, does little to change the number of non-essential debris that occupy this AO.

Your choice, if any to alter your behavior is either reactionary or unnecessary.
    If you didn't see this coming, then you are already behind the curve regarding what is about to happen.

You have my empathy, but not my respect.

What? I'm going to let that marinate.........:dunno:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I wear a mask and stay away from everybody. I still have the hand cannon by the bed, an alarm and three German shepherds. You know, for zombies.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I switched from my normal IWB holster to my Galco FED paddle holster. I think it's more comfortable and easier to draw from.

My wife says it's cause I watched the show Justified too much.:rolleyes:

Justified had no effect on how I carry a gun, but I did almost buy a stetson cowboy hat.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Justified had no effect on how I carry a gun, but I did almost buy a stetson cowboy hat.

When the show ended, they had an online auction where you could buy stuff used on the show.

I almost bought THE holster used on the show. But then realized, I'd have to buy a Glock. So i passed.:laugh:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No changes for the most part. My soon to be 16 year old son is now trusted with knowing the combo to the shotgun lock. Other then that business as usual.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was questioned by a friend that knows my MO and was called on my hip gun being a hi-cap 9mm recently. It gave me pause to explain. We here at Freedom Ranch have adopted to the pandemic in the fact that my normal big bore low round count street defense needed an update as there are more pandemic zombies that may need dispatched far beyond the normal number during these times. A DefCon 4 if you will. Having mastered human behavior 101 I know what panicked peeps can do. Even crazy un panicked peeps.
    So now, that the rate of instability is higher in numbers, I am forced to volumize the round count. Evidence of our society that can not grasp the meaning of essential is proof that the Darwin factor runs way past just some casual gun owners. As proved by a few snared posts on this forum where the concept of not sugar coating everything has them taking the bait in silly responses and exposing their real knowledge once in awhile. Now, take these same puppets and add a pandemic. So my friends, until we get back to our new normal, yes you will see me topping off and staying in shape with a skill set first followed with a volume of munitions.

Anyone else changing up anything during this time?

More babbling nonsense.

Top Bottom