• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    My nephew, 29, lives near Martinsville and just mentioned he got his permit; he'll soon be moving to Wyoming. I live in rural California, in a reasonably relaxed (for California) county. But our counties 'performance' standards for CCW for fairly stringent.

He's always been 'mature' for his age (even when he was little), an avid outdoorsman, and hunter, but I never pegged him as feeling the need to carry. That, in itself, doesn't bother me. At all.

But I'm curious, what did my nephew have to do to get his permit in Indiana?

Perhaps it would be simpler to hook me up with a link for Indiana CCW?

Thanks.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Basically pass a background check, get fingerprinted, pay the fees and that's it. No classes/training required.

And in Indiana, we have a LTCH- License to Carry a Handgun. Open or concealed, doesn't matter.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Starting 1 July our 5 year license will be free.

Wyoming is Constitutional Carry IIRC. There is a deal when you change "residence" between States. Constitutional Carry eliminates the problem of walking into a BMV (what we call License Branches here in the Great State of Indiana) a lawful carrier of handguns and walking out not so when your State of residence changes (assuming you had a handgun license from your previous State of residence.)

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I know an Indiana resident who now wants to get their carry license. Does anyone know if she can proceed or if she needs to wait until more of the state opens up?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My wife just renewed her LTCH, and my son just applied for his, Pay stuff online, and fill out BG check, set up appointment for fingerprints (at a medical place) went to local cop shop to do the local stuff ( just called them and they set up an appointment too) now they wait..

Top Bottom