• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Took the wife to her emergency Dr appointment today at Moorseville Hip and Knee. They tried to tell me that they have a No Firearms policy and even though I am a Leo in uniform with a badge that I would have to disarm in order to come in. The Manager that eventually came to talk to me even said " As a private citizen who does carry I think I would have left my firearm at home."
    Such Idiots, they expect to be protected but want me to disarm. I will be finding a new Dr for the wife along with a good attorney for the messed up knee surgery.
    The Martinsville Police Officer was extremely nice and we had a good conversation about their policy and the stupidity of the staffing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We regularly have armed LEO's in the building, don't know what precipitated this. I can find a name for you if you'd like to take this further up the ladder. PM me if interested.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    What a bunch of damn idiots! Telling a LEO, who is in uniform with badge, etc., he needs to disarm! This kind of crap pisses me off to no end! Doesn't anybody use common sense any more?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have been to both the South Campus and the Moorseville campus for testing when I had Cancer. Went in, laid the firearm on the counter, showed the badge and never had an issue.

I understand with the Covid 19 stuff everyone has new rules but Kimberly is the type that doesn't want to deal with Leo until she needs one then will complain that we didn't do our job correctly.

Kimberly got really upset when I asked her Why she wasn't wearing a mask and that isn't that one of St. Francis' policies right now for staff.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have been to both the South Campus and the Moorseville campus for testing when I had Cancer. Went in, laid the firearm on the counter, showed the badge and never had an issue.

I understand with the Covid 19 stuff everyone has new rules but Kimberly is the type that doesn't want to deal with Leo until she needs one then will complain that we didn't do our job correctly.

Kimberly got really upset when I asked her Why she wasn't wearing a mask and that isn't that one of St. Francis' policies right now for staff.

Kimberly is pushing a personal agenda under the guise of policy. Unfortunately, her manager doesn't want to manage their employee for their behavior. There's a Director and Vice President that would think that episode was bad optics for the hospital.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Well , I may play devils advocate , but if it’s a no firearms policy then shouldn’t it be enforced uniformly across the diversity of the public? If it pertains to a private individual then shouldn’t it pertain to a public servant? Rules for thee and not for me enrage me! A badge on ones chest doesn’t give a free pass above the citizenry.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well , I may play devils advocate , but if it’s a no firearms policy then shouldn’t it be enforced uniformly across the diversity of the public? If it pertains to a private individual then shouldn’t it pertain to a public servant? Rules for thee and not for me enrage me! A badge on ones chest doesn’t give a free pass above the citizenry.

While I can agree with your premise somewhat that all animals should be equal, as long as he is not RETIRED LEO and is still active, I'd want him to be able to do his job on the fly if the situation arose.

Now if he were retired looking to play a trump card I would agree with you. But last count I had OP hasn't retired yet.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What a bunch of damn idiots! Telling a LEO, who is in uniform with badge, etc., he needs to disarm! This kind of crap pisses me off to no end! Doesn't anybody use common sense any more?

If they require a non-LEO to disarm, yes, LEOs should be disarmed as well.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Maybe they think they are Federal. At the VA on 10th even the Fed LEO's not working have to disarm if visiting.

I thought that all Indiana LEO's were on duty 24-7.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If they require a non-LEO to disarm, yes, LEOs should be disarmed as well.

I totally agree, but I'll go even further, If a business asks a LEO to disarm, it should apply to emergency runs as well. If a crazed lunatic is threatening the well being of the occupants of said business, LEOs should disarm, OR, wait a block or two away until things calm down.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I totally agree, but I'll go even further, If a business asks a LEO to disarm, it should apply to emergency runs as well. If a crazed lunatic is threatening the well being of the occupants of said business, LEOs should disarm, OR, wait a block or two away until things calm down.

I like the way you think. After all, the police have no duty to protect anyone.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    The best part is that if you go in the door to the Hospital where they have all the testing and surgery areas, They don't care. Because I wear a soft uniform(Tac pants and polo) the worst that has happened is the LEO on duty will stop sometimes and verify who I am.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm a retired LEO. I had a Glock in my hand during the hip replacement surgery I had done there in December. I mean, I had no belt or holster. What was I going to do with it? Surgery went well, I might add.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    uhm!
    I haven't been to the Mooresville campus during the current idiocy, all my appointments have been shoved out to June and August.
    I am typically armed when I go in, I have never been asked about it by anyone.
    Maybe the rules changed or they are trying to enforce existing ones.
    I dont think they have signs posted, I wouldn't know because I don't see them .....on purpose:):

Top Bottom