Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

User Info Menu

I use one of those "car vault" style mini "safes". They are metal, so the can't crack, they have a cable lock so you can lock them to your luggage, since the lock is integral, you can't just bolt cut the lock off or break the plastic around the lock. I know these can be pried open, but I feel like it would be harder to sneakily get open.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Maybe a Glock.
    Borrowed my kid's XD last time I did it. Same thing.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Flying with a gun is easy just make sure to check your specific airlines website to make sure you comply with their specific rules, there are some slight variations from airline to airline

Plinker

User Info Menu

True its no problem at all

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmiff12B View Post
    I flew Denver to Chicago, had a 22 rifle, checked it and everything was fine until I landed and it came out with every body else’s bags in the baggage claim, and went around a few times with people awkwardly looking around to see who would grab it. My case was also missing a latch. Other than that everything was smooth. As previously stated, don’t take something nice
    I had a similar situation where my rifle case came out with the regular baggage, whereas previously it was by claim with oversized baggage (same airline). Funny thing, I was asked what I was hunting, and I said prairie dogs, which got a shocked look... lol.

Anyway, it was a smooth process but it did make me worry about losing a nice rifle.

User Info Menu

I've never had an issue and it only takes one situation to completely justify any inconvenience while traveling.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3