• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streetdream82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2020
    Hobart
    Hi everyone. I have been looking for an attorney to help with my appeal from a denial for carry permit. I was denied for something that was wrong on my application. I was able to purchase a firearm. The letter that was sent to for denial stated that application was wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    With me being in hobart indiana I would think that Lafayette may be to far for an attorney to travel as well. Trying to find local if possible.

I believe for an appeal you will have to travel to Indy, so that may come into play when finding an attorney

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I understand that if one is denied on a 4473 NICS check, that kinda carries through until appealed.

But for a LTCH application, can you not just re-apply with a corrected application? Maybe with a cover letter explaining the previous error?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Several years ago a friend was denied and went for the hearing by himself.. It was as simple as something he had omitted from over 30 years ago. After a short conversation he was granted the permit.. I can't say it will work that way for you because I have no idea what your issue was. Just my .02

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Several years back my nephew had an issue trying to obtain a carry license in Indiana.
    He made an error on his application. Of all things, he checked the wrong box for race.
    I told him to check and recheck everything before he hit the submit button, but he ended up submitting an application that listed him as African American (black) while he is clearly white.

He called the sheriffs office with the correct information and the lady on the phone said, "no problem, I can change that for you."
    He sent in his payment and got fingerprinted thinking all was good.

Several months later I asked him if he had received his license, and he said no, he had not heard a word.
    I told him to call the State police firearms division. He did, and was told he would just have to wait.
    Many more months went by with no license.
    This went on for almost two YEARS, and still no license.

I had him contact Kirk Freeman
    Exactly 5 days after visiting Mr. Freemans office, my nephew received his lifetime license in the mail.
    Kirk had made an inquiry call to someone at the state police and put a bug in their ear.
    It seems my nephews application had "fallen through the cracks" and was never processed.

We still tease him about not knowing his own race...but he did get his license.
    You might give Kirk a call.

Streetdream82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2020
    Hobart
    Several years back my nephew had an issue trying to obtain a carry license in Indiana.
    He made an error on his application. Of all things, he checked the wrong box for race.
    I told him to check and recheck everything before he hit the submit button, but he ended up submitting an application that listed him as African American (black) while he is clearly white.

He called the sheriffs office with the correct information and the lady on the phone said, "no problem, I can change that for you."
    He sent in his payment and got fingerprinted thinking all was good.

Several months later I asked him if he had received his license, and he said no, he had not heard a word.
    I told him to call the State police firearms division. He did, and was told he would just have to wait.
    Many more months went by with no license.
    This went on for almost two YEARS, and still no license.

I had him contact Kirk Freeman
    Exactly 5 days after visiting Mr. Freemans office, my nephew received his lifetime license in the mail.
    Kirk had made an inquiry call to someone at the state police and put a bug in their ear.
    It seems my nephews application had "fallen through the cracks" and was never processed.

We still tease him about not knowing his own race...but he did get his license.
    You might give Kirk a call.

Would you possibly have a contact number for kirk freeman?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I did get your message but cant message back until I have 50 posts lol. I did get ahold of him . Charge $350 hr for administrative law. I dont think I can afford that right now. Could get pricey.

As a fellow professional (I'm not an attorney, but a CPA), that's not unreasonable. Consider the value of your time and hours saved not having to work on this, and the lost value of never receiving your CCL. It's worth paying a professional. Yes it sucks you have to pay at all, but worth paying for peace of mind.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Using an attorney, especially an attorney who is familiar with that area of the law and has a good relationship with the ISP attorneys who handle the LTCH application issues could reduce the aggravation and improve chances for early success.

Also, if anyone ever needs to find information about an attorney:

https://courtapps.in.gov/rollofattorneys/search

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Using an attorney, especially an attorney who is familiar with that area of the law and has a good relationship with the ISP attorneys who handle the LTCH application issues could reduce the aggravation and improve chances for early success.

Also, if anyone ever needs to find information about an attorney:

https://courtapps.in.gov/rollofattorneys/search

Just checked myself. I am sooooo boring.

Top Bottom