Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

South Carolina carry?

I tried searching and wasn’t coming up with what I was looking for maybe I did it wrong. I am going on vacation to SC and have plenty of time before the vacation. Is there anyway for me to legally carry in South Carolina ? Would love to get a permit they honor or something along those lines. But I am not having any luck searching thanks for any assistance Indiana is the best.

User Info Menu

They don't recognize the Indiana LTCH and don't accept any "non-resident" permits (FL, UT, etc...)

If you are a legal KY or Ohio resident then you'll be fine.
    "Be humble. Be confident. But be competent." - Chris (Discussing Instructors on Ballistic Radio Ep. How to Get Great @ 28:53)
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 NIV

User Info Menu

Indiana resident? No. You're fine up until you get to SC. At that point, separate mag and gun, put the gun in the trunk if you have one. You can buy auto knives and marijuana at every shop, but not carry.

User Info Menu

Me buying knives in SC.

"Are you going to kill someone?"
    "Not today."

Foreigner in a Foreign Land 76Too's Avatar

User Info Menu

SC is a sticky one. My fiancee’s family lives in Martinez, GA and I regularly forget that I’ve crossed into SC when visiting. They’ve ‘let me go’ once...but I try to be more careful now because I might not be so lucky next time.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Well that is unfortunate had I planned this vacation I would have looked up the laws first but this wasn’t my state of choice.

so anyone have a resource for knife / or non lethal pepper spray etc laws.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cg21 View Post
    Well that is unfortunate had I planned this vacation I would have looked up the laws first but this wasn’t my state of choice.

so anyone have a resource for knife / or non lethal pepper spray etc laws.
    https://knifeup.com/knife-laws/

User Info Menu

The last time I was in Myrtle Beach, they were having one of their bike weeks. It took hours to get anywhere and this one was a particularly violent bike week. I would not have scheduled my vacation for that week had I only known.
    I just don't feel safe in gun free zones...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cg21 View Post
    I tried searching and wasn’t coming up with what I was looking for maybe I did it wrong. I am going on vacation to SC and have plenty of time before the vacation. Is there anyway for me to legally carry in South Carolina ? Would love to get a permit they honor or something along those lines. But I am not having any luck searching thanks for any assistance Indiana is the best.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...ciprocity_map/
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

Before I went to Myrtle Beach I called the South Carolina State Police and they told me that I did not have to separate the mag from the gun and I could keep it loaded and in the glove box. They even told me I could take it into my hotel room as long as I put it in my luggage to get it there. I just couldn't carry it on my body.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast