• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Carry experiences while masked...

Wonder what experiences folks who open carry or nonchalant concealed carry run into while masked during the pandemic?

Interactions with law enforcement or security guards?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh, it's great. People appreciate it so much, they give me money.

You too? I went to my bank with my mask on and was open carrying my Punisher Operator 1911 10mm +P. I had to stand in line for quite a long time, so when I got up to the teller, I asked what the holdup was. She got this weird look on her face and just gave me a bag of money before I was able to even finish my withdrawl slip. I've never been given my cash in a bag before, must be a Covid thing.

Anyway, when I got home I found out that they gave me more than I wanted and some idiot spilled some ink or something in the bag. I'm going back tomorrow to complain. Will probably open carry my Shockwave, I haven't had it out of my safe in a while and it needs some fresh air.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What about situations where you might traditionally show ID?

Bank, liquor store, grocery liquor, tobacco, pharmacy, traffic stop, etc?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You too? I went to my bank with my mask on and was open carrying my Punisher Operator 1911 10mm +P. I had to stand in line for quite a long time, so when I got up to the teller, I asked what the holdup was. She got this weird look on her face and just gave me a bag of money before I was able to even finish my withdrawl slip. I've never been given my cash in a bag before, must be a Covid thing.

Anyway, when I got home I found out that they gave me more than I wanted and some idiot spilled some ink or something in the bag. I'm going back tomorrow to complain. Will probably open carry my Shockwave, I haven't had it out of my safe in a while and it needs some fresh air.

While not as far put there as your story, I was OC in an Arby's on Pendelton Pike in the 80's and the girl taking my order took it, then disappeared fast, she only came back to bring my food, I said you never rang me out, in a scared voice she said just take it. I calmed her some and she rang me out, but she was shaking.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I wore a mask for a few hours Sunday while serving as an usher at church because church leaders asked us to. Other than that, I will continue to remain mask-less in public.

I did wear my "I'm pro gun, change my mind" t-shirt into a Hobby Lobby recently. That earned some looks from the Hamilton County soccer moms, but the pistol was concealed.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

Shockwave in a bank you say?

EaL8K.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Still haven't heard much about whether there are requirements to take masks off for ID purposes?

Do you unmask with both hands?

Do you practice unmasking with your weak hand to keep the primary hand available to weapons?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Still haven't heard much about whether there are requirements to take masks off for ID purposes?

Do you unmask with both hands?

Do you practice unmasking with your weak hand to keep the primary hand available to weapons?

I don’t wear one unless it’s a condition of employment or compelled to as a condition of service. So, I don’t have first hand knowledge to pass along but my gut feeling is That since very few people ever notice the small percentage of times I OC (before this crap started up), I’ll bet for the most part, nothing has changed for those folks that OC a lot more than me.

Top Bottom