• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    I would go bigger.. I was once 10 yards from a wild one... all my mind could think was not enough gun...
    That's the biggest caliber handgun I own. I would buy a bigger one but we don't have many mountain lions in Indiana.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

It mentions southern Clay and northern Greene. Not coincidentally there is a big cat preserve in Clay Country not far from the confirmed sightings.

My uncle saw a mountain lion chasing a deer one morning many years ago. He had not idea at the time the sanctuary was in the area. Anyhow, upon reporting it he was told by DNR or a Conservation Officer (can't remember which) that they have reported sightings frequently in the area. The guy told him that they could go investigate/confront the preserve but they would just say all cats were accounted for and it's a waste of time.

I've got a good friend who is a farmer a solid 10 miles or so from there swear up and down he saw a large black cat when out planting beans one year. It's certainly possible. I've also been told by another farmer and a few other people in the area that they think several cats get out frequently but go back to where they are fed. It's hard to say if that's true but I've been out at their farm when the cats are getting fed not too far away you can hear them loud and clear. It's pretty neat and strange to hear in ol' Indiana.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, it depends on her hand strength, desire to train, and she's probably going to be limited as to the size of gun she can carry due to standard cougar clothing not offering much concealment. Not a lot of places to put a gun, either.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I found 180gr .30-06 worked fine.

Also, anything fit and attractive will do...it's not like you're looking to keep it in the gun safe for long term storage.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For hiking purposes, I built a 5" Lone Wolf tactical .45 and set it up with a 24# recoil spring to shoot .45 SUPER...
    It'll sling a 240 grain slug 1,350 fps generating over 750 ft lbs of energy...seems like plenty enough to me!

Top Bottom