What are you doing differently, MID 2020?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I switched my carry magazines from 8s to 10s and added one for a total of 41 rounds(10+1 & 3x 10s). I also started wearing my ankle IFAK around the house.

My carbine and shot gun are handy as usual.

I have not begun carrying my carbine in the car, but I am thinking about it.

Last edited:

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Since I am not allowed to have a weapon "inside" the building at work, I have to leave my CCW locked in my car. I carry a J frame .38 during colder months and a Bersa .380 during summer months. Both of these hide away pretty easily in my briefcase...... in case I "forget" to leave them in my car. I carry a CZ whenever I go anywhere other than back and forth to work.
    However, the last few months have turned everything upside down. I now carry a CZ compact with me everywhere, regardless . Instead of my usual 14+1 and a spare 14 rd magazine, I now have an extra 17 rounder in my briefcase and in my glovebox.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Nothing. It's been fairly quiet where I'm at and being retired, it's easy to stay out of the way of most trouble. Being disabled, I still carry my pistol in the house because I wouldn't be able to get it in a hurry

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nothing.

The only difference is that the few friends that are "in the know" about the way I live are no longer laughing at my "paranoid" habits. ;)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Practicing more, both pistol and carbine. Mostly as I have more opportunity being home more and all...

Oh, and like bwframe said, suddenly some of my acquaintances don't believe my comments about being prepared are so strange. Imagine that!

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Rifles at the ready, scanner on for advanced notice.
    What would YOU do with an extra 5 minutes before arrival?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, we ran out of sanitizer on my shop at work, and my 12 year old boss says he has "no idea" where to find more, so covid 19 must be over now...
    I did throw an AR into the truck, j.i.c., but I pretty much still just go to work, go to Dad's (feed the cats) and go home. I have gotten to see my lady friend in Darke county a couple of times around the memorial day weekend, and she and I placed a few flowers on the Darke county ancestors' graves. That was nice.
    But that was about it.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Not much...have been working throughout the entire COVID-19 experience.
    Switched to same caliber for everything...EDC, home protection, nightstand weapon, etc.
    Wanting to pick-up a pistol-caliber carbine so as to match handgun calibers with that...for the wife.
    Pretty much daily routine is the same...
    Just being more careful as to watching who and what I am around and staying alert for 'things-that-are-not-right'...
    being wary of larger crowds...and maintaining an adequate distance so as to be able to egress safely if needed!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Nothing changed minus the whole working from home thing. Gun stays within arms reach when my happy butt sits for extended periods but there is no way I'm adding guns to vehicles. Too many trips on military bases to even think about it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Not much, except scratching my head a lot, wondering what the you know what happened to my country. (Glock 22/27 combo as always).
    Mossberg 590 and CAR-15 available.
    Remember GLOCK LIVES MATTER

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I broke my right hand holster wrestling with the dog a month ago. So the 2.0 moved to the left side. Carrying a full size pro on right side during this transitional period. Need to figure out long term term holster replacement.

Get home bags fully operational.

Starting to cut and stack firewood for cover.

Medium range rifles sighted in and practiced.

Pistol practice going well.

Added USCCA certification

Maybe some other stuff.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If I carry more, it's because of the drug house across the street, not what's going on in Seattle or the Twin Cities.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not a lot of a change here. I did order another couple of cases of 5.56 to back fill what I’ve been shooting this spring. Big change there was that I had to wait a week or two for it to come back in stock. I’ve also moved away from a suppressed 300BO next to the nightstand and to a suppressed 5.56. All of the loaded mags need to be in the same caliber, so I guess that’s the biggest change.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I’ve also moved away from a suppressed 300BO next to the nightstand and to a suppressed 5.56. All of the loaded mags need to be in the same caliber, so I guess that’s the biggest change.
    So your main reason changing from 300 BO to .556 was having the same ammo in the magazines? I was considering doing a 300 BO pistol for the house and vehicle. Possibly can on the one in the home for hearing protection.

Top Bottom