Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Do you own a Sig 365, 365 Xl, G48, or Hellcat?

Hey guys! It's been years since I did a range request, but my wife and I are currently reassessing our EDC options. I'm currently considering the G48 and the Sig 365 XL. My wife is currently considering the Springfield Hellcat and the 365.....Is anyone willing to meet up at a range and let us compare these guns to what we're currently using or to each other? I'm currently a member at ACC, but we live near Zionsville, and we're willing to drive out to try them.

Thanks guys!

Edit: My wife has informed me that she has already decided against the P365. So just strike that to the 365XL, Hellcat, and G48.
    Last edited by Aaron1776; 4 Weeks Ago at 18:48.
    Master Where did all our rep go?

User Info Menu

Check with your local ranges to see what they have on the rental counter. I know you mentioned checking with members here, but it may take a few people to cross all 3 off the list. Those are 3 popular guns that I best most ranges have for rent, so you can do all 3 side by side, head to head, and compare.

Obviously, times are a bit different today than normal due to crazy demand and traffic, but that may be your best one-stop-shop.

I personally have an XL, and love it! Love the flat trigger, love the size, love how it shoots, love that it's optics ready. The 48 (more likely the 43x) is higher on my radar now due to the Shield 15 round mags.

I no longer live in the Indy area, sorry I can't be of actual hands on help!

User Info Menu

Yeah none of the rental places had the guns we wanted to try....which I found odd. Certainly I would be wiling to meet up with more than one person at more than one time. I did get to try the 43X. Really nice gun. But just a tad too much recoil to justify switching from my current EDC. I suspect a gun with a longer barrel/ slide would fix that. My wife just wants something smaller with a higher cap but doesn't like SIG in general.

User Info Menu

Having shot all 3 of your choices, the P365xl is far and away the better pistol. Recoil impulse is much softer. It shoots like a much bigger pistol.

User Info Menu

I have shot a Glock 43, a 43X, and a 48...but not a 365 (in either configuration) and, to be honest, I still preferred a Glock 26.
    The smaller and lighter the pistol, the more 'snappy' the felt-recoil! To each their own...just my $0.02 worth...
    Call around to different ranges, drive some if you have to, and best of luck finding one of each to shoot!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    Having shot all 3 of your choices, the P365xl is far and away the better pistol. Recoil impulse is much softer. It shoots like a much bigger pistol.
    People keep saying that, I must be an outlier, such is not the case for me.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    Me personally... I prefer my Springfield Hellcat over the SIG P365xl. It is just a better handling,better cycling, better aiming sub-compact. That is my preference though. To each their own.

FWIW. If a person is looking for a gun to try before buy. Top Gun in Terra Haute Indiana has a whole wall of guns you can try(at their ranges)before buy. Just putting it out there.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    People keep saying that, I must be an outlier, such is not the case for me.
    What was your experience? I'm thinking about switching to one of these with the longer barrel option (XL, 48 or when the Hellcat makes the 4").

I've been a huge fan of the 4" XDs but the extra capacity these new ones offer is a no brainier.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    What was your experience? I'm thinking about switching to one of these with the longer barrel option (XL, 48 or when the Hellcat makes the 4").

I've been a huge fan of the 4" XDs but the extra capacity these new ones offer is a no brainier.
    I bought a 365XL with Romeo Zero. First off the RDS is junk. Second off, even for $750 no rear sight plate was included and I am having a hard time finding one. The gun itself feels pretty good in the hand but I don't shoot it as well as my G43 which really shouldn't be the case. A few days ago in an effort to see if it could win me over I went through 500 rounds on drills in an hour and a half. I was shooting it a little better by the end but did learn a few things.

It is reliable
    The slide gets smoking, burn the flesh off my support thumb hot
    Not only does it not have ambi slide release like the Gen5 Glocks, I have to go over the top because I can't operate the slide release with my trigger finger of my left hand like I can on every other non ambi semi auto I have
    I don't care for the flat trigger. Maybe I could get used to it if I found enough other reasons to like the gun
    I ripped off a large chunk of flesh on my ring finger which has never been a problem before in dozens of high round count classes with a Glock. (Rightys wont have this problem

In the end I am waiting to see if Holosun ever ships the K model red dots and see how that works. If I still don't care for it, we will see if the wife likes it. I don't shoot it nearly as well as my 19, and it doesn't conceal as well as my current NPE gun a G43, so right now it is an answer looking for a question.
    Last edited by cedartop; 4 Weeks Ago at 17:42.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Thanks dude! I'll keep that in mind next weekend

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast