Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Multiple Handguns With LTCH?

Can anyone tell me - and PLEASE don't answer unless you truly KNOW - the answers to these two questions?

1. Is there any prohibition in Indiana law against carrying two Handguns at a time?

2. Are non-traditional pistols (like Scorpions, MPXs, with arm braces) considered pistols in the context of a LTCH?

Again, please offer facts and/or direct anecdotal evidence ONLY, opinion and conjecture do much more harm than good in situations like this. Thanks.

I'm not the kind of person you should put on speaker phone...

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized View Post
    Can anyone tell me - and PLEASE don't answer unless you truly KNOW - the answers to these two questions?

1. Is there any prohibition in Indiana law against carrying two Handguns at a time?

2. Are non-traditional pistols (like Scorpions, MPXs, with arm braces) considered pistols in the context of a LTCH?

Again, please offer facts and/or direct anecdotal evidence ONLY, opinion and conjecture do much more harm than good in situations like this. Thanks.
    1. Indiana law is silent on method of carry (concealed, open, duct-taped to forehead, wheelbarrow full, etc.) of handguns and number as well. If you're off your property is when the LTCH is required (exceptions for transporting without an LTCH of course.)

2. There is nothing that deviates from BATFE definition of a handgun in Indiana Code.

Also, handguns made before 1 Jan 1899 (IIRC) and non-modern ammo (1860 Colt cap and ball for example, not just the ones pre-1899 but all) do not require an LTCH in Indiana.

Indiana Code 35-47 is where to start researching.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized View Post

So basically, you just want someone that has done the research to give you their interpretation of the law and a place to start looking in case you don't believe them. Got it!
    "After you've tried everything..try reading the manual!"

User Info Menu

1. No.
    2. Yes.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenX View Post
    So basically, you just want someone that has done the research to give you their interpretation of the law and a place to start looking in case you don't believe them. Got it!
    I've done the research and formed preliminary conclusions as a result. As anyone who has more direct experience with the law (especially around firearms) might tell you, there can be vast differences in what is actually specified in the law and what one might find themselves charged with due to alternative interpretations or applications of other laws. Am I trying to learn from the experience of others? Definitely. I believe that's one of the chief purposes of these forums. And if you're butthurt because I don't want your unlearned opinion,that's your issue, not mine.

KellyInAvon, thanks for the info. Matches what I've read but I want to know if others have contrary experiences or evidence. Thanks for your help.

I'm not the kind of person you should put on speaker phone...

Master

User Info Menu

the only time you might run into a vague interpretation of the law is while hunting esp on public land that has a rule that allows "A licensed handgun in a holster"
    I could see a CO limiting you to 1 handgun .. but then you would also have no limit on number of long arms ..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by singlestacksig View Post
    the only time you might run into a vague interpretation of the law is while hunting esp on public land that has a rule that allows "A licensed handgun in a holster"
    I could see a CO limiting you to 1 handgun .. but then you would also have no limit on number of long arms ..
    Vague laws and the myth that the 4th Amendment doesn't apply to COs adds to CO folklore.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

IBTL

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast