• ...and so much more!
  • LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    Hey Fellas and Ladies,

I'm hoping I'm not the first one to try this, and if it works, I'll make sure to let you know.

I currently carry my LCP 380 and an extra magazine on my person all day every day.

When I got into public, I take my Glock 26, and I often backpack carry my Glock 19 with 2 extra mags.

Essentially, I always have my LCP which is my Gun to Get my Gun, and I usually have either my G26 or my G19.

I'm looking to add/replace my backpack gun with a Mossberg Shockwave.

The idea is to carry my pack with an umbrella secured in the side pouch/strap, except that it's not an umbrella, it's my shotgun.
    https://www.swissgear.com/backpacks/black-out-series/swissgear-3598-backpack-black

Utilizing an umbrella sleeve (that usually come on the umbrellas), and maybe even trimming off some of the canopy and tips, I can wrap up a shockwave and keep it in my back incognito.

Has anyone else tried this, or have any advice before I embark on this project?

Thanks,
    LT3

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Hey Fellas and Ladies,

I'm hoping I'm not the first one to try this, and if it works, I'll make sure to let you know.

I currently carry my LCP 380 and an extra magazine on my person all day every day.

When I got into public, I take my Glock 26, and I often backpack carry my Glock 19 with 2 extra mags.

Essentially, I always have my LCP which is my Gun to Get my Gun, and I usually have either my G26 or my G19.

I'm looking to add/replace my backpack gun with a Mossberg Shockwave.

The idea is to carry my pack with an umbrella secured in the side pouch/strap, except that it's not an umbrella, it's my shotgun.
    https://www.swissgear.com/backpacks/black-out-series/swissgear-3598-backpack-black

Utilizing an umbrella sleeve (that usually come on the umbrellas), and maybe even trimming off some of the canopy and tips, I can wrap up a shockwave and keep it in my back incognito.

Has anyone else tried this, or have any advice before I embark on this project?

Thanks,
    LT3

Do you live/travel in Somalia? ;)

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So...I'm just curious as to your though process on this...you say when you're in public? What is your scenario where you think you're going to reach into your backpack for a gun to use in a defensive situation? The only thing I can think of is if you are literally trapped in a room and you cannot get out. I get if you're camping/hiking etc and want to have something overnight etc but I don't get what you mean by "when in public" I don't see the logic at all. If you actually need it you'll need quick access to it, otherwise you'll likely be able to leave the scene.

Please explain your though process.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So...I'm just curious as to your though process on this...you say when you're in public? What is your scenario where you think you're going to reach into your backpack for a gun to use in a defensive situation? The only thing I can think of is if you are literally trapped in a room and you cannot get out. I get if you're camping/hiking etc and want to have something overnight etc but I don't get what you mean by "when in public" I don't see the logic at all. If you actually need it you'll need quick access to it, otherwise you'll likely be able to leave the scene.

Please explain your though process.

Not going to try to answer for him but the Walmart shooting in Texas comes to mind. Dude walks in with an AK and starts spraying the place down. If you were not right next to him and further back in the store or behind concealment you could relatively quickly deploy from a backpack so you are not taking a handgun to a rifle fight. Not saying that would be the best move in every situation but I'm sure there are plenty of scenarios that it wouldn't hurt if you had it. That being said, I wouldn't think a Shockwave would be the best choice for this, but to each his own.

As long as it doesn't create a burden to carry it I don't see why it would hurt. I personally carry a Vertx Gamut 2.0 with a DDM4 PDW in it quite often depending on what I'm doing and where I'm going. It's no added hassle for me to carry as I already carried an EDC bag around for a long time with all kinds of crap in it. Laptop (during work times), chargers, snacks, water, IFAK, etc. I also have small kids so it super handy to have a bag to carry stuff for them. It adds weight to always have a long gun in there but its not too bad. I walk trails a lot at state parks, downtown for work, camping, etc so I like have an AR close by when possible.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    If that's what you feel you need, do it. I myself don't feel the need. A shotgun and enough ammo to feed it is very heavy. My 1911 and mags will get me through just fine and will be in my hand alot quicker than unpacking a shotgun. Just saying.

Top Bottom