• Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Let's see...
    6/12/20 - Applied
    7/10-20 - Fingerprints (Had to drive down to Rensselaer, everything in NWI was booked)
    7/18/20 - Paid Local Fee
    7/18/20 - Took my paperwork to the local police station.

The lady I spoke with said the wait from that point is around 3 weeks so I'm hoping I get lucky and it's processed sooner.

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    Get the 5 year so...
    6/22/20 Applied
    6/29/20 Finger prints done
    7/1/20 Finger prints approved
    7/2/20 locally approved, fee waived
    Now waiting on isp approval.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    7/2/2020 Applied

~8/18/2020 Earliest fingerprint appointment (Egad!)

7/19/2020 Informed the location I made my appointment at has "unexpectedly closed" and I need to reschedule

~9/17/2020 New fingerprint appointment (Double egad!)

Is there really no other way to get fingerprints done? Is there any push to get something done at the state level or are we just riding out the demand (double demand really, with permits becoming free at the same time as riots)

I'm not really being impatient, I just moved here from IL and over there you need to pull strings (if you have them) and file lawsuits just to get anything done lol

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    7/2/2020 Applied

~8/18/2020 Earliest fingerprint appointment (Egad!)

7/19/2020 Informed the location I made my appointment at has "unexpectedly closed" and I need to reschedule

~9/17/2020 New fingerprint appointment (Double egad!)

Is there really no other way to get fingerprints done? Is there any push to get something done at the state level or are we just riding out the demand (double demand really, with permits becoming free at the same time as riots)

I'm not really being impatient, I just moved here from IL and over there you need to pull strings (if you have them) and file lawsuits just to get anything done lol

You can go anywhere and get fingerprinted. Look around and see if you can get one sooner in a different town.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    You can go anywhere and get fingerprinted. Look around and see if you can get one sooner in a different town.
    By "go anywhere" do you mean to any Identogo location, or any fingerprint vendor? Only earlier one I saw with Identogo was Rensselaer (like Dulla) which is an hour away but I get in two weeks earlier, which still isn't great :(

If I can go to any fingerprint vendor I will have to see what is available...

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    By "go anywhere" do you mean to any Identogo location, or any fingerprint vendor? Only earlier one I saw with Identogo was Rensselaer (like Dulla) which is an hour away but I get in two weeks earlier, which still isn't great :(

If I can go to any fingerprint vendor I will have to see what is available...
    It's actually a pretty nice drive to Rensselaer. Took me about an hour too. If you go watch out for speed traps on the 65!

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Let's see...
    6/12/20 - Applied
    7/10-20 - Fingerprints (Had to drive down to Rensselaer, everything in NWI was booked)
    7/18/20 - Paid Local Fee
    7/18/20 - Took my paperwork to the local police station.

The lady I spoke with said the wait from that point is around 3 weeks so I'm hoping I get lucky and it's processed sooner.

7/23/20 - Received an email that I have no criminal history and my application has been submitted to ISP by my local authority and I should receive my license within 60 days.

Time for my favorite activity! waiting...:(

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    5 year is free now except for fingerprints I believe.

I went with the lifetime so 75.00 state, fingerprint fee (around 11 bucks) and 50.00 local

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you're looking for an earlier fingerprinting appointment look at Bloomington. I saw an available date as early as 21 August. Earliest I saw when Sheryl was filling out her application this evening was 24 September in Hendricks County.

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    7/24 - Received IN Driver's license
    7/26 - Applied for LTC (lifetime) online and realized I should have done this weeks ago when I moved here even w/o the DL since the fingerprint wait is so long
    9/14 - Earliest fingerprint availability near me

JiujitsuHound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2020
    Shelbyville
    7/01 - Applied for the 5-year LTCH just after midnight.
    7/24 - Fingerprinted.
    7/24 - Visited local PD for processing.
    7/27 - Pending ISP approval.
    8/14 - Approved.

Last edited:

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Has anyone with a lifetime license applied for a five year? If you have, did you use your existing account or create a new one?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Has anyone with a lifetime license applied for a five year? If you have, did you use your existing account or create a new one?

When I got my lifetime they hadn't gone to the current system. Fingerprints for my 5-year were done today. I applied on 2 July and this was one of the earliest dates (on Madison Avenue on the south-side.) I'll go to my local PD Monday.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    2 July: Applied for 5 year LTCH when I caught the system up
    31 July: Fingerprinted
    31 July: Received email from isp.in.gov thanking me for my application and fingerprints 15 minutes after fingerprinting.
    3 August: Stopped by local PD. Found out someone at ISP hadn't pressed a button yet. It was pouring down rain, I got drenched.
    3 August: Logged into https://firearms.ariesportal.com/, still shows pending fingerprints, I will keep an eye on it.
    4 August: Pending local approval
    5 August: Paperwork dropped off at local PD

Last edited:

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    2 July: Applied for 5 year LTCH when I caught the system up
    31 July: Fingerprinted
    31 July: Received email from isp.in.gov thanking me for my application and fingerprints 15 minutes after fingerprinting.
    3 August: Stopped by local PD. Found out someone at ISP hadn't pressed a button yet. It was pouring down rain, I got drenched.
    3 August: Logged into https://firearms.ariesportal.com/, still shows pending fingerprints, I will keep an eye on it.

Did they at least get your info to keep from having to come back?

They can still mark it as "Applicant Visited" even with the fingerprints showing as pending. That does trigger a reminder in the workflow for downstate to check on the fingerprints status.

The agency will still have to go back after they get it figured out downstate to submit the final application, but we just have a list we check daily to transmit those that get caught up.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did they at least get your info to keep from having to come back?

They can still mark it as "Applicant Visited" even with the fingerprints showing as pending. That does trigger a reminder in the workflow for downstate to check on the fingerprints status.

The agency will still have to go back after they get it figured out downstate to submit the final application, but we just have a list we check daily to transmit those that get caught up.

It updated late this afternoon. Showed pending fingerprints about 1430.

Top Bottom