MI: Cop gun vs perp screwdriver and knife. Closer than you might guess.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I had thought this incident was already mentioned on INGO, but I sure can't find it if it is. Some guy got in a dispute over masks at a convenience store, stabbed an old man, then fled in a vehicle. A deputy pulled him over in a residential neighborhood and the video below shows what transpired:

[video=youtube;aXpYqjKd8cE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=aXpYqjKd8cE&feature=emb_l ogo[/video]

He got real close to her with a screwdriver in his left hand and a two knives? in his right hand before she started shooting, and even after four shots he was close enough to get his hand on her gun. When I step through this I don't see any holes in him at this point, although the body cam video is not crystal clear. It does appear to me that as he's pushing her gun/hands down she gets off a shot that hits him in the lower abdomen or grown, judging by the way he seems to suddenly cuddle his goodies, doubles over a bit and starts walking funny. She backs away.

It appears the encounter fouled her weapon and she does a tap-rack-bang drill, shooting at him several more times as he tries to pick up one of the weapons, and he finally falls over with an "Ugh" or "Ow" or something similar.

Died from his wounds at hospital.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Practice those malfunction drills. It may not be equipment failure that gets you.

Good first reaction, recognizing the threat when he exited his car with weapons.

Did not carry through with enough verbal intensity.
    Did not get off the X or use that SUV as a barrier while the threat advanced within arms reach.

Extremely lucky that the first hit happened when it did, or the outcome would have likely gone the other way.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    People are fking stupid.

But hey, they're finding out that 50-60% of men that get covid, even mild cases, are becoming permanently infertile. So the generational issue will sort itself out eventually.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom