Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Indiana Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

User Info Menu

So something slightly different but basically the same.

The state written test for EMT used to be managed by the state. Then the state switched to using the National Registry test a couple years ago. So now my students get their National Registry certification but because Indiana does not recognize the National Registry certification to work, they have to apply for an Indiana certification once they are NR certified.
    IWTFM Eternal vigilance is the price of chickens. JFC advocate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    So let me get this straight, it costs $25 to get a free license?

The state no longer charges a fee for the license. So from their perspective its free.

If you know somebody that can do fingerprinting (and is approved) you can get it truly for free. If you dont you have to pay a 3rd party for their services to get the fingerprints.

And even if the fingerprinting were free, would it still TRULY be free?

It would require:
    Your time (Im sure you dont work for free so your time has value)
    Your electricity to operate your PC if you file online
    Your internet service provider cost for that 5 minutes of service to file it
    (If I wanted to get REALLY nitpicky I could say you need to factor in a fraction of the cost of your PC/laptop/phone since you couldnt do it unless you had purchased it)

If you drive the form to them:
    The gas to get there and back.
    Your time (again, and this time, MUCH more of it)
    Change for the parking meter
    The wear and tear on your car (or bus ticket if you are so inclined)

Bottom line my friend, NOTHING is free. NOTHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by red_zr24x4 View Post
    When you go in for the first set I'd see if they could do the 2nd set the same time ,put 1 on each business header
    And even offer to pay the 2nd sitting to grease the wheels. Yes, its still rather ridiculous, but if there is time, why not double up and do both? (you might need to slip the worker a greenback to grease the wheels even further)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Welcome to the bureauacy or how ever you spell it!!!

I donít understand Why my local PD hat to collect a few as well they Iíve already paid the state

This space Intentionally left blank

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm a CPA. At least once a week I'm given an excellent example of mindless bureaucracy and/or apathetic government workers from either the IRS or state departments of revenue. Regular trips to the shooting range help me stay sane.

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

I donít take issue with paying the printing fee for each iteration they send, I just donít want to have to go back the second time to do the process again.

Alamo, do you really think that the agencies canít search each otherís files? One might have to go to a judge to open the door, but dollars to doughnuts, if a nurseís name got into the news for anything firearm related, someone would note whether or not that nurse held a LTCH, legal prohibition on publishing notwithstanding. All that said, the fact that a third party sends a print card to ISP and a card to the nursing board does not mean that either knows that prints have been done for both. Itís like if I send a PM to you and to Actaeon.... neither of you will know the other received it if I send both by BCC.

It just seems moronic to me to make someone set two different appointments and I hope to streamline things when I go in.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Since 1975, when I filled out paperwork trying to get hired by the FBI, I've been poked, prodded, fingerprinted and background checked for most of my 64 years! I still get fingerprinted every fours years for a hazardous material endorsement. One more in December or January and hopefully I'm done with this BS!
    Last edited by sharpetop; 08-02-2020 at 19:42.

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

So I went for prints yesterday and despite both sets of fees being paid to the same third party provider, the lady tells me that the company has overbooked her and with covid and people watching her and whatever other excuses came to mind, she ďcould notĒ do my second set of prints to forward.

I find I now understand why the name for this amount of fecal matter is referred to using the same name as a popular long-term Kitchen appliance.

it is a crock

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2