Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

Cogito, ergo porto.

User Info Menu

Indiana Dept. of Redundancy Dept.

OK so as of July 1, as a registered nurse in Indiana, I was eligible to make mine a "compact" license, meaning I may practice in any "compact" state, of which there are 30-some-odd, for a reasonable fee (an additional $25, plus fingerprinting and background check costs. I set up an appointment to get my prints done through "IdenToGo", which will be within the first couple weeks of August.

As of today, I was reminded that Indiana law also now provides for a LTCH with a 5 year expiration, for which the only monetary cost is the cost of the fingerprinting. I see that prints must be done through "L-1", but since both licenses are issued by the state of Indiana, I figure I'll save some time, so I call ISP to ask if my prints for my expanded nursing license can be used for my LTCH. "No, you have to go through L-1". I thank the trooper for his time and hang up, then say to myself, "Let's try the other way.", so I call the State Board of Nursing, "No, you have to use IdenToGo."

So I click the link on the ISP site for L-1..... and up comes the page for IdenToGo! "Cool!" I think, rolling my eyes that neither of them knows that their preferred provider of prints has another name. Still thinking I can save some time, I call the IdenToGo help people and ask.....

"No, they're not the same, sorry"

"So I have to come get printed twice, even though the same place is doing the prints, on the same person, and both are going to the same state?"

"Yes."

Whiskey Tango Alpha Foxtrot, over?

And to top it off, the appt I set for my LTCH prints won't happen till the end of September. Copulate My Existence.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    OK so as of July 1, as a registered nurse in Indiana, I was eligible to make mine a "compact" license, meaning I may practice in any "compact" state, of which there are 30-some-odd, for a reasonable fee (an additional $25, plus fingerprinting and background check costs. I set up an appointment to get my prints done through "IdenToGo", which will be within the first couple weeks of August.

As of today, I was reminded that Indiana law also now provides for a LTCH with a 5 year expiration, for which the only monetary cost is the cost of the fingerprinting. I see that prints must be done through "L-1", but since both licenses are issued by the state of Indiana, I figure I'll save some time, so I call ISP to ask if my prints for my expanded nursing license can be used for my LTCH. "No, you have to go through L-1". I thank the trooper for his time and hang up, then say to myself, "Let's try the other way.", so I call the State Board of Nursing, "No, you have to use IdenToGo."

So I click the link on the ISP site for L-1..... and up comes the page for IdenToGo! "Cool!" I think, rolling my eyes that neither of them knows that their preferred provider of prints has another name. Still thinking I can save some time, I call the IdenToGo help people and ask.....

"No, they're not the same, sorry"

"So I have to come get printed twice, even though the same place is doing the prints, on the same person, and both are going to the same state?"

"Yes."

Whiskey Tango Alpha Foxtrot, over?

And to top it off, the appt I set for my LTCH prints won't happen till the end of September. Copulate My Existence.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I hear ya Bill. Also, if fingerprints and background check is $25 and fingerprints are $12.95, that means it's a $12.05 background check. What does $12.05 get? Google OR Duck Duck Go search?
    INGOer #25,448

Master

User Info Menu

More like The State or it's designated proxies are getting PAID!
    Local tribal warlord

I am Asher's son.

Body of a 56 yr old. Skeleton of a 90 yr old

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Sounds like they know how to work the system. Incorporate under multiple business names and use a different name for each state function. That way they can collect more in fees. Sigh...
    Dems (Politicians/MSM/Tech/etc): Replace Free Speech With Curated Information

User Info Menu

When you go in for the first set I'd see if they could do the 2nd set the same time ,put 1 on each business header
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne
    INGO# 3207

User Info Menu

So let me get this straight, it costs $25 to get a free license?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    So let me get this straight, it costs $25 to get a free license?
    Please describe "Free" for the class. Especially when it involves the state.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Perhaps there's another way to look at this. Do you want the ISP to have direct electronic access to your medical licensing files? Do you want the medical licensing board(s) to have electronic access to your LTCH files? Would you like future medical boards to be able to scan nursing files, or compare their names and fingerprints with the ISP files to determine which nurses (doctors, EMTS, etc) have LTCHs?

Sometimes firewalls are good?

Then again, sometimes not:
    The Treasury issued ~$1.4 Billion in Economic Impact Payments to deceased people, citing lack of access to Social Securityís deceased records. Iím joining Rep. John Curtisís common-sense bill requiring the Treasury to review the Social Security Death Master File before dispersing payments.

Expert

User Info Menu

I would have thought the system would process your print and send a report off to whatever agency with the results. Kind of a "select which recipients you would like to receive a copy of this report".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierkav View Post
    I would have thought the system would process your print and send a report off to whatever agency with the results. Kind of a "select which recipients you would like to receive a copy of this report".
    Again, not when you can bill the state and the user TWICE for a different label.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast