• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I've been looking at different self defense insurance policies and am between USCCA and CCW Safe. I am wondering what other people think about these companies and if you have one of these or a different one and why.

My holdup with CCW Safe is that they do not have any civil liability coverage at lower price points, it has to be purchased as an add-on for $220/person and even with their top tier plan, for your spouse it still needs to be purchesed as an add-on. So for 2 people coverage is about $720/year.

With USCCA, they have tiered plans with civil coverage at all levels. But, their exclusion clauses are a lot more vague so I'm not sure if the coverage is as good as it seems, but for 2 people decent coverage is aroudn $450/year for their mid-level plan and $590/year for their top tier plan.

Thoughts?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Do my best to know I'm in the right prior to " engaging" a perp and if needed call Guy Relford. Just my:twocents:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I thought personal Lawyers ... Guy Relford for example - required a Yearly Retainer to be compensated for being called at 2am ?

While having a Lawyer on Retainer would be a Very Good Thing - if you lost the case due to Biased Media coverage - they do not cover any Expenses / Civil Lawsuits

On a somewhat related note -- which of INGO's Lawyers do that type of Law ?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I thought personal Lawyers ... Guy Relford for example - required a Yearly Retainer to be compensated for being called at 2am ?

While having a Lawyer on Retainer would be a Very Good Thing - if you lost the case due to Biased Media coverage - they do not cover any Expenses / Civil Lawsuits

On a somewhat related note -- which of INGO's Lawyers do that type of Law ?
    Guy Relford is USCCA's central IN lawyer

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I checked out the USCCA website a week ago and foolishly gave them my email address (for their FREE guide) ... average 3 emails a DAY / Every Day -- to sign up --

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thanks for the replies. Why is Guy Relford so popular?
    He's a high profile attorney who specializes in firearm laws AND is a firearms instructor. if your legal problem involves having/using guns, he's a good choice for an attorney

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Would you elaborate?

IMHO It’s an ability driven product. Good to have insurance anytime you have a claim. However, I feel there is a whole lot of training and skill set needed before a gun owner Considers what if scenarios. I see the proof of this everyday in training and in these threads. The equipment choices alone are indicators of what a gun owner knows or doesn’t for actual street carry. Paying for optional insurance on your house is a waste until you have a house to begin with. Now I know the ugly truth to my opinion is a hard way to go. No one wants to fail an eval so it is easier to not test yourself, or subscribe (feel good) to industry programs. Get the Tshirt if you will. Bottom line, if the gun owner has committed and earned a good skill set and there is money left over, and he/she studies the claim activity, and feels certain he can’t stay out of a fight, then the product may have some value. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

HoosierNation33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2020
    Springfield
    I've been digging into CCW insurance myself. Honestly, one of my top choices I was looking into was US Law Shield. They're actually really affordable. And with ammo prices being what they are...Every cent counts. And I feel like I'm not necessarily really going to need it. Just an 11 buck a month or whatever safety net is worth it. I've got friends who have it, and they've pretty much got me convinced this was the right choice.

But then...I start digging more.

Like for instance, the first comment of this thread mentions strictly USCCA and CCW Safe. And I've found an article by Gun University talking about USCCA and CCW Safe being their top picks with US Law Shield being at the bottom (https://gununiversity.com/concealed-carry-insurance/ -- link for reference). And after looking into it, CCW Safe and USCCA look nice. But are they really worth that extra money? Especially living in rural Indiana? I'm just not sure it's really worth it.

Any thoughts on this guys? I'd appreciate the input.

Top Bottom