• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Hey everyone, the title of this thread was sarcasm.

So I hear people say this every once in awhile and just brush it off because I know it isn't true. My girlfriend's brother would swear this was true up and down and when pressed he would say "oh my boss said..." and it'd be a load of crap. Had a friend of mine recently tell me her "friend at the gun store" told her the same thing so she panicked and got her lifetime permit. My question is what gives? I know this isn't true. I even told her that it wouldn't make sense to make the 4 year into a 5 year free LTCH and then reduce the price of the lifetime LTCH in the process. Heck, it's cheaper just to get the free LTCH and then "upgrade" it to the lifetime permit for the $40 (or $60, I don't remember). I just don't get where these people get this ultra secret government conspiracy information unless I'm wrong and they are going to phase the lifetime LTCH's out (if that's the case I'd like to see a link to a good source). However, I think that is a crock of :poop:.

Any insight on why people contrite to spread this nonsense?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Any insight on why people contrite to spread this nonsense?

I traced it to a clerk in the Sheriff of Howard County. She was tired of taking phone calls so just started telling people that it is gone or going away. The rumor spread quickly.

It has a basis as some remember the lifetime hunting license which was reversed. Thus, people believe this is how licenses work, regardless of the law.

Remember, many people think laws get made because some fat clerk wakes up from a nap and makes a decree.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I traced it to a clerk in the Sheriff of Howard County. She was tired of taking phone calls so just started telling people that it is gone or going away. The rumor spread quickly.

It has a basis as some remember the lifetime hunting license which was reversed. Thus, people believe this is how licenses work, regardless of the law.

Remember, many people think laws get made because some fat clerk wakes up from a nap and makes a decree.

I can believe that. People still say "oh my gun's not registered" too so I can see it. It just drives me nuts because there would be a firestorm if it were true.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    It’s not going away but you will be required to get an annual LTCL if you want to carry or keep a long gun In your vehicle. I saw it on the internet.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Some one told me they read that no more LTCH would be available and an executive order was being planned for January 2021 to make all current LTCH illegal. It read they will issue LTCA on a 3 month basis (Legal to Carry Ammo). The cost for the LTCA is being discussed now and is within the range of 10 - 20 dollars. It is also being considered if one may apply for more that one LTCA within a 12 month period. IOW, it will be legal to carry a gun, but you will need a license to carry ammo and it will be restricted to only 3 months per year. Hunters may want different times per year, shooting enthusiasts may only want summer months....but it remains limited to 3 months - choose wisely.

More to come.....that's all I was told.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I got mine back in 2008, three years later I moved and purchased my first home so my address doesn't match my driver's license. Are they sticklers about that? I realize I should get it changed but should I make it a priority? Please don't flame me if this is a moronic question

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    In Illinois I changed addresses and had to update my CCL. It cost $85.oo just for the address change on the CCL.

BT802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Update. It was $0 to change my info online, but $20 to order a new duplicate license to be mailed to me. I still had the old pink paper one.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Illinois. Nuff said.

Don’t worry. We are headed there. With the Monkeying around with Indiana legislature trying to match up Our Permit system with a Federal Mandate which no doubtedly will get changed (see Michigan) to appease a few forward thinking individuals who don’t see the unintended consequences, I will be holding my breath rafting through this. The dark cloud will appear when funding of this new system (whatever it turns out to be) hits a wall.

we can only hope for the best now as sometimes you don’t know how good you got it till it’s changed.

Top Bottom