• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To understand your enemy, you must listen to them.

This is a Harvard Senior Lecturer (non-professor) who has no idea what a "stand your ground" law is or how it works and draws all kinds of insane conclusions from her error.

They believe "stand your ground" started in Florida in 2005. They do not understand their own role in driving gun sales, listen to her babble about self-defense and "smaller, more concealable" guns as if Clinton's AWB had nothing to do with it. A complete misstatement of California law. She is just moving her mouth to create a word salad that she believes justifies her position. It is insane and it carries weight, somehow, for some.

https://campusreform.org/?ID=15643

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I may just be a cynic, but I think this is much less about ignorance leading to incorrect and insane conclusions and much more about purposely creating false conclusions in an effort to disarm the citizenry and concentrate power with the state.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I may just be a cynic, but I think this is much less about ignorance leading to incorrect and insane conclusions and much more about purposely creating false conclusions in an effort to disarm the citizenry and concentrate power with the state.

I grew up with the crazys of Maryland, make no mistake, they truly truly believe what they say...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It's both. While there are plenty of misinf...no DISinformed people regurgitating factoids, "talking points", and other lies, there are those who are creating all that propaganda for consumption by "useful idiots". Where this harvard "educator" falls on the spectrum is debatable.

Hopefully, the riots will have been a teachable moment that will get the useful idiots to put down their kool-aid and rexamine their "facts"

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It's both. While there are plenty of misinf...no DISinformed people regurgitating factoids, "talking points", and other lies, there are those who are creating all that propaganda for consumption by "useful idiots". Where this harvard "educator" falls on the spectrum is debatable.

Hopefully, the riots will have been a teachable moment that will get the useful idiots to put down their kool-aid and rexamine their "facts"

Sadly, I think that is true only of those already on the fence.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MCgrease08 again.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Holy crap... my brain hurts after listening to this person... How does she make it through the day? :dunno:

And people spend money to send their kids to school to listen to this BS.

I'm glad this video is not required :ingo: class work.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To understand your enemy, you must listen to them.

This is a Harvard Senior Lecturer (non-professor) who has no idea what a "stand your ground" law is or how it works and draws all kinds of insane conclusions from her error.

They believe "stand your ground" started in Florida in 2005. They do not understand their own role in driving gun sales, listen to her babble about self-defense and "smaller, more concealable" guns as if Clinton's AWB had nothing to do with it. A complete misstatement of California law. She is just moving her mouth to create a word salad that she believes justifies her position. It is insane and it carries weight, somehow, for some.

https://campusreform.org/?ID=15643

There is an outright arrogance in the educated class today, especially in the humanities and social studies graduates. This is personified in the exodus from the Republican Party and the vitriolic hatred for Trump and his supporters. What they dream up they believe and no evidence will deter them...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is an outright arrogance in the educated class today, especially in the humanities and social studies graduates. This is personified in the exodus from the Republican Party and the vitriolic hatred for Trump and his supporters. What they dream up they believe and no evidence will deter them...

Meh. Goes along with the anti-expert trend that seems to have started with Fundamentalism.

We hate the group we're not part of, right?

But, thanks for bring Trump into this - I was getting worried we might have a thread without explicit politics.

As to the video, I could only stomach a few bits and pieces.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Meh. Goes along with the anti-expert trend that seems to have started with Fundamentalism.

We hate the group we're not part of, right?

But, thanks for bring Trump into this - I was getting worried we might have a thread without explicit politics.

As to the video, I could only stomach a few bits and pieces.

Apparently you do not follow the demographic voting trends or are insulated from them where you live. Nothing in my post is incorrect, it is all based on what is going on on the ground. And if a citation of how much portions of the so called higher educated class hate and demean Trump and his supporters is injecting politics so be it.

The comment concerning anti-expert and groups "we are not a part of", not all of the so called educated class actually is educated, as the video clearly indicates. The anti-expert trend is likely exacerbated by idiots like the the video talking about what they do not know, not STEM graduates. Then we must add the damage done by politizations of many fields, until this year immunology and epidemiology were pretty nerdy fields that are now politicized, their trust by the public has fallen from high 80% to low 40% during the pandemic.

The so called anti-expert trend is self inflicted by them being so spectacularly wrong like the good doctor Fauci...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now Fauci? :ugh: Can we please just limit that general politics to the general politics section of INGO?

Sure, these two are elitist liberals, but can we try and constrain ourselves to keeping the discussion based on guns?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Now Fauci? :ugh: Can we please just limit that general politics to the general politics section of INGO?

Sure, these two are elitist liberals, but can we try and constrain ourselves to keeping the discussion based on guns?

I believe the topic was "Understanding Their Ignorance" and I was explaining my take on that. It would be helpful if you explained your take on that, rather than your take on my post...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Apparently you do not follow the demographic voting trends or are insulated from them where you live. Nothing in my post is incorrect, it is all based on what is going on on the ground. And if a citation of how much portions of the so called higher educated class hate and demean Trump and his supporters is injecting politics so be it.

The comment concerning anti-expert and groups "we are not a part of", not all of the so called educated class actually is educated, as the video clearly indicates. The anti-expert trend is likely exacerbated by idiots like the the video talking about what they do not know, not STEM graduates. Then we must add the damage done by politizations of many fields, until this year immunology and epidemiology were pretty nerdy fields that are now politicized, their trust by the public has fallen from high 80% to low 40% during the pandemic.

The so called anti-expert trend is self inflicted by them being so spectacularly wrong like the good doctor Fauci...

Anti-expert: One who spouts debunked narratives and disinformation. Anyone questioning the anti-expert is shouted down and labeled a (fill in the blank)-ist.

George Costanza was right, it's not a lie if you believe it.

Top Bottom