• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Indiana State Police Investigating Four Separate Interstate Shootings in Indianapolis this Weekend

[FONT=&quot]
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    INDIANAPOLIS DISTRICT
    8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219​
    [FONT=&quot]
    www.in.gov/isp[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-416-3635[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    DATE: September 28, 2020[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Indianapolis, IN - Detectives from the Indiana State Police are investigating four separate interstate shootings over the weekend in Indianapolis. The shootings left one person shot and damage to at least four vehicles. Detectives are asking for the public's help to identify suspects in each of these incidents.[/FONT]

• The first shooting occurred Friday September 25, 2020 around 3:30 p.m. on I-465 near Harding Street. A purple Nissan Altima with a chrome grill, occupied by four black males, allegedly fired several rounds at a red Dodge Ram pulling a trailer loaded with lumber. Fortunately nobody in the truck was injured.
    • The second shooting occurred just hours later, September 25, around 10:15 p.m., when a dark sedan fired shots at gold Lexus, which was occupied by two 17 year old juveniles. One of the juveniles was injured by broken glass however neither suffered gunshot wounds.
    • Sunday afternoon, September 27, at approximately 4:30 p.m., a brown semi-tractor trailer was struck by gunfire on I-74 westbound at the 70 mile marker, which is just west of I-465. The driver of the semi was not injured. Detectives are looking for an older model tan Chevrolet Tahoe that was driven by a black male. The driver of that Tahoe allegedly fired shots from a handgun at the semi.
    • Early Monday, September 28, around 2:30 a.m., an 18 year old male was shot while driving a grey Chevrolet Impala on I-465 northbound at the 20 mile marker, near I-65 on the city's west side. The male was driven to the hospital by a bystander and the Chevrolet Impala was left on I-465. The suspect vehicle in this incident was described as a black Dodge Charger with tinted windows.

[FONT=&quot]Indiana State Police Detectives are continuing to follow leads in each of these investigations. Anyone with information about these shootings is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS. Investigators do not believe these shootings are related to one another however it is probable three of these four shootings began as road rage incidents. Motorists are discouraged from engaging in any type of road rage, instead immediately report road rage to police by calling 911.[/FONT]
    ups2_crop.jpg
    [FONT=&quot]
    One of three bullet holes located in the semi-tractor trailer​
    [/FONT]​
    lexus-2_crop.jpg
    [FONT=&quot]
    Bullet hole that narrowly missed a passenger in the gold Lexus​
    [/FONT]​
    isp-section-divider_original.png

[/FONT]

POWERED BY

Privacy Polic

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So the police spent the weekend shooting at people?

When do we riot!?

Oh, wait, these are not police involved... Let's just close this thread now...

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    This city is absolutely nutty! It's like the wild west and for no damn reason. My fiancee' has stated recently that she thinks i'm 'over-reacting' to home defense measures and arming myself every time I leave the house.

Would it be legal to fire back?

...asking for a friend.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hmmm...your fiancee is not watching the news or reading the paper. Even in Kokomo we had a shooting. Fender bender turned into physical fight which escalated into 1 shot fired but the 2 actors shot. 1 DOA at hospital and the other wonded.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    This city is absolutely nutty! It's like the wild west and for no damn reason. My fiancee' has stated recently that she thinks i'm 'over-reacting' to home defense measures and arming myself every time I leave the house.

...asking for a friend.
    I'm just going to point out to your friend that shooting back and starting a shootout on a crowded highway is really dangerous and probably not a great idea. I know this is probably rhetorical though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

...asking for a friend.

So, either she only watches CNN, or..

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I am armed at the house. Always. I am armed when I leave. Always.
    Just because.

Same here, and I am out in the sticks. My GF asked me why I even carried in the house. I told her "Decepticons". I laughed, she laughed, then the toaster laughed, so I shot it.

But yea, I am so glad I do not have to drive to or through the city anymore. I haven't been into downtown for 2 years or more.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There was another "probable road rage" shooting on Monday evening as well. Apparently began on the east side and ended at the East St exit off ramp downtown, right by Eli Lilly. I was walking my dogs and passed the scene just as the police were arriving. One guy was outside of his truck on the ground while 4-5 morons were gathered around taking pics of him with their phones.

I've lived just outside downtown for almost 2 years now and even though I've never even come close to an incident, I still carry multiple levels of bad guy deterrents whenever I'm out and about (even when I have 200 lbs of canines with me)! I would do the same in any location though... there was a shooting about 2 months ago in the quiet Indy suburb where I used to live!

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Same here, and I am out in the sticks. My GF asked me why I even carried in the house. I told her "Decepticons". I laughed, she laughed, then the toaster laughed, so I shot it.

But yea, I am so glad I do not have to drive to or through the city anymore. I haven't been into downtown for 2 years or more.

Well, the toaster should have not mouthed off!

I live out in the sticks, too, and always go about armed. We are remote, and well off the road, so we don't have the benefit of neighbors who might see unwanted interlopers.

Unfortunately, we are working one week in the office then the next week at home, so I do still have to go downtown. At some point the bosses will order us all to come back to the office full time.

It is unwise to not be prepared when one is out in public, between the civil unrest and individuals agitated by the COVID/ever-shifting COVID response measures.

Top Bottom