• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Since Gander is gone, you might be down to checking Cabelas site to see if any are in stock, then take a ride there.
    What frame are you looking to holster? I have a large frame revolver holster I’d part with.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure what I want. Just wanted to take a look at some in person, but it doesn't seem like anyone stocks them. I checked around and was told I might try the police uniform store downtown but they aren't open on Saturdays anymore due to the covid. Might try to stop in there another day.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure what I want. Just wanted to take a look at some in person, but it doesn't seem like anyone stocks them. I checked around and was told I might try the police uniform store downtown but they aren't open on Saturdays anymore due to the covid. Might try to stop in there another day.

If you are not able to find any in person, there are definitely some folks who would provide some insight if we knew what firearm you are looking to carry with it.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Have a generic horizontal rig that fits most handguns if you'd like to check it out for fit/function before you buy.

TEFVNmN.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I saw one just like the one above, in the Sporting Goods section of the Fishers 96th Street Wal Mart, Black nylon carrier, hoolster, and double mag pouch.
    Nice looking system.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    USA 1, I've been wearing shoulder holsters of various designs for decades. It's important to get the right style. You're probably going to have to order one from online. And if you're barrel chested you need to think of another style. You won't be able to reach the gun.

For what it's worth I've gotten pretty retro in my old age and have a number of shoulder rigs (including a couple of two gun rigs) from El Paso Saddlery.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    USA 1, I've been wearing shoulder holsters of various designs for decades. It's important to get the right style. You're probably going to have to order one from online. And if you're barrel chested you need to think of another style. You won't be able to reach the gun.

For what it's worth I've gotten pretty retro in my old age and have a number of shoulder rigs (including a couple of two gun rigs) from El Paso Saddlery.

That is some good information. Thank you

Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    Food for thought on this topic.

1 You get what you pay for. Cheap holsters suck period
    2 A shoulder rig is something you wear all day not just for a few hrs. Make sure the fit is correct and comfortable.
    3 Decide what you want in a shoulder rig. 1 gun or 2? Mag pouches? How you want to care the gun (vertical of horizontal).
    4 what kind of gun are you going to be carrying?

5 Get past the 80s movies and TV shows. Shoulder rigs carry the load better when used properly but they will print and move as you move.

6 check out videos on the old internet from different vendors and users. Every vendor states their shoulder is the last one you will buy.........until you buy another one.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have one I picked up at the Indy 1500 years ago like pute62 has, works well with my G-22.
    No frill, just the basics, like it kinda heavy though with a big Glock and two full magazines on t.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I have used the Galco Miami Classic and Jackass models for years. Shoulder rigs take some getting used to and you need to practice draws and reloads until proficient. I also recommend using wider straps on the front side. Disperses weight better and helps with comfort.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have used the Galco Miami Classic and Jackass models for years. Shoulder rigs take some getting used to and you need to practice draws and reloads until proficient. I also recommend using wider straps on the front side. Disperses weight better and helps with comfort.

I also use Galco shoulder holsters. Have both the original and newer Miami Classic. Very nice design.

Top Bottom