Carry @ TN Aquarium, Ruby Falls, and Rock City?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Headed down that way soon and are going to take the kids to those attractions.

When I was there last, I do not remember if I carried a gun or not.

Any recent visitors have an update? Thanks!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    From the aquarium web site - https://tnaqua.org/plan-a-visit/aquarium-policies/ - "The following items/activities are prohibited inside the Tennessee Aquarium ... Weapons, including firearms, knives, blades, mace or pepper spray."

Additionally, if they don't like something there's the catch-all provision, "Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate."

Wow, no knife or even defensive spray. It's for the "safety and well-being" of their visitors don't you know.

And, per - https://handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf - "No gun" signs in TN have the force of law. So, there's that too.

You could carry a cane (you know, for that knee that's been bothering you recently).

Those cannot be prohibited per ADA (although they could check your stout hickory stick, and issue you a flimsy aluminum one as some national museums do).

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    FYI: In TN, the "no gun signs" must meet certain standards in order to be enforceable.

The TN Aquarium has those correct standards signs posted on the doors.

Apparently this is a recent development - as a group I belong to on FB had members saying that their recent visits didn't have signage.

Anyhow - Ruby Falls and Rock City were NOT posted, or most certainly not posted conspicuously.

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend the Chattanooga area for a get-away.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I highly recommend Sugar’s Ribs for a food stop, get the brisket tacos and fried okra!

My wife's cousin also recommended them.

Sadly - we did not partake. My wife has a very serious food "allergy" which greatly limits where we can eat. Plus we just weren't all that near there with what we did.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    FYI: In TN, the "no gun signs" must meet certain standards in order to be enforceable.

The TN Aquarium has those correct standards signs posted on the doors.

Apparently this is a recent development - as a group I belong to on FB had members saying that their recent visits didn't have signage.

Anyhow - Ruby Falls and Rock City were NOT posted, or most certainly not posted conspicuously.

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend the Chattanooga area for a get-away.

Was there last week. Good trip, excellent food.

Don

Top Bottom