• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Hamilton County early voting, wife and I got up early last Thursday, and got to the Hamilton County Fairgrounds in Noblestucky an hour early.
    We were #3 and #4 in line when the poll opened at 9 am, I knew with a LTCH depending on where you vote (Some Poll locations are in restricted areas like a courthouse), it was legal to carry a handgun.
    The only restriction before entering the fairgrounds 4H building, I was asked to remove my MAGA hat, which I did, of course as soon as I voted I put it back on, but no one questioned the Glock-23 on my hip
    I don't care who you voted for, just did anyone else excursive their right to vote and also observe state laws, and the 2nd amendment at the same time?
    If so, what did you carry?

7c4d8d9a-28e8-48e4-b6a6-4d456e9b53c9

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    When we vote the most I can carry is harsh language. All polling places are either in schools, or courthouses with metal detectors. Interesting choice, because for prior elections polling places were established in buildings you could carry in.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I haven't voted yet this year, but my polling place is in a church down the block. I will carry my MP9c OWB like I always do when I go.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm still planning to vote on election day. (If you've heard this before don't stop me, I want to hear it again ;) ) Voted at the polls in 1984 (THAT was a voting booth, all steel and it clicked when you made your selection.) In the Fire House at Campbellsburg (the new one, not the old one that burned down... you just can't make this **** up!)

The next eight elections (1986-2000, usually both primary and general) I voted absentee because I was where the USAF sent me. In 1986 I filled it out and put my parents address (which was the address I had given to the Clerk's Office before leaving). Having an address "Rural Route 1" baffled city-folk and rednecks alike.

In 1998 I filled out the absentee ballot (using the skinny pencil included in the package) on the window sill of the Postal Service Center at Keflavik, Iceland and threw it in the return mail slot.

Stationed in Florida, changed my residence to Florida, voted in a special election in 2001 (replacing that Scarborough clown who somehow was the 1st District US Representative in one of the most heavily military areas in the Country.) Voted in 2002 at the polls too. Oak Hill Elementary School on Eglin AFB. The "privacy sleeve" to put the marked ballot (fill in the ovals with a Sharpie) in while I carried it back to the poll worker? A Manila Envelope. I pointed that out, because, well...

2004 and 2006 voted absentee in Okaloosa County, Florida from York County, Virginia. Florida resident after all. The absentee ballot was the same as the one I filled out at my son's school on base at Eglin. No "privacy sleeve" included though.

2008-present: at the polls, on election day in Avon. Voting at the polls on election day still means something to me. I will go out of my way to not have to leave the Glock 26 (IWB Patriot Concealment Systems holster) in the car.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I just got to work from voting. Ours is at an "abandoned" mall. They've reportedly had long lines so I got there before they opened. Still quite a line (6 feet apart). Took about half an hour. Definitely carried like always.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    When I early voted in 2016 in Porter County, it was in a part of the courthouse that was outside the metal detectors.

Our courthouse just installed the metal detectors last year. Everyone that goes into the courthouse has to go through the metal detector.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Voted last week, carried as it was in an events center. At the time it was the only early voting location open and the wait was about 45 minutes. The new system in place seemed a little cumbersome but it does have a paper ballot record.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The metal detector at our polling place was so sensitive that EVERYONE set it off. For me, it was my belt bickle and they wanded me to be SURE i wasn’t carrying. My wife's jewelry set it off, and the officers just waved her through - I guess that they thought a woman wouldn’t carry, lol.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hamilton County early voting, wife and I got up early last Thursday, and got to the Hamilton County Fairgrounds in Noblestucky an hour early.
    We were #3 and #4 in line when the poll opened at 9 am, I knew with a LTCH depending on where you vote (Some Poll locations are in restricted areas like a courthouse), it was legal to carry a handgun.
    The only restriction before entering the fairgrounds 4H building, I was asked to remove my MAGA hat, which I did, of course as soon as I voted I put it back on, but no one questioned the Glock-23 on my hip
    I don't care who you voted for, just did anyone else excursive their right to vote and also observe state laws, and the 2nd amendment at the same time?
    If so, what did you carry?

7c4d8d9a-28e8-48e4-b6a6-4d456e9b53c9

I wasn't sure if it was legal or not.I assumed it was allowed and covered by the 1st amendment. :dunno:

Passive electioneering is the act of wearing campaign paraphernalia or carrying signs to a polling place with the intent of influencing voters. Across the United States laws vary relating to passive electioneering.[SUP][1][/SUP]

At least seven states, Maine, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, Virginia, and Kansas prohibit wearing campaign buttons, stickers and badges inside polling places

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Its the second, your right to keep and bear arms.
    The right to keep and bear arms (often referred to as the right to bear arms) is a right for people to possess weapons (arms) for their own defense, still the state has the right to decide where you can and or cannot carry.
    Indiana's polling locations may or may not be set up in a restricted area.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I will be voting at the school on election day, so no carry. That way it's less likely my ballot will go out with the trash.

Top Bottom