Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Warrior poet on Appendix carry.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Warrior poet on Appendix carry.

So Spencer Keepers has done a similar video in the past along with some other trainers I respect, but I have to say this is the most humorous one I have seen.

But you will shoot your d#*ck off in 3***2***1***
    Michael Swisher

Marksman

User Info Menu

watched this yesterday. I'm still nervous about the barrel of a snubbie just over my manhood, but it is a lot more comfortable to carry.

User Info Menu

I don't know why we have to keep having this conversation. Unless you're carrying a 320, modern guns don't go off by themselves.

User Info Menu

Cedartop, I lost part of your message hidden under the video.

I watched that last night. He makes some sense however he didn't give any examples of OWB carry. I'll check but I don't think my pistols are directly pointing at skin with my OWB holsters.

I would only carry AIWB after training and a lot of practice.

I'm not worried about a gun going off by itself, but me doing something wrong.

Part of the reason that no matter how "good" I get, I will always "look" my gun into the holster.
    Anything is possible

User Info Menu

Sitting at my desk... yeah, there's no room there for any size of handgun.

Sticking to 3 o'clock OWB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    You would do well to avoid his "caramelized banana" trap offer.

User Info Menu

I like the way James Reeves of TFB-TV describes it: a-endix carry. Because if you do it long enough you blow off your pp.

But seriously, if it works for you go for it. I don't find it comfortable personally, but I don't consider it particularly unsafe if done with the proper holster and pistol.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Appendix carry wards off 2 types of people.

People who are round shaped (barreled chested) as apposed to oval shaped. When your body has more of a constant curve, AIWB is no more concealable and usually less comfortable.

and people with bad gun handling.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Cedartop, I lost part of your message hidden under the video.

I watched that last night. He makes some sense however he didn't give any examples of OWB carry. I'll check but I don't think my pistols are directly pointing at skin with my OWB holsters.

The one with Spencer Keepers IIRC he uses a SIRT pistol and you can see the laser cutting the body no matter which type of carry you use. Even with OWB if you use anything like a conventional stance you will at some point muzzle yourself. Of course that will vary with body type, holster, stance.

I would only carry AIWB after training and a lot of practice.

There are techniques that make it more efficient and safer.

I'm not worried about a gun going off by itself, but me doing something wrong.

That is the vast majority of cases no matter what type of carry you employ.

Part of the reason that no matter how "good" I get, I will always "look" my gun into the holster.
    I have no problem with the average person (non LEO) looking their gun into their holster. Should you be able to do it without looking? Sure, but there is absolutely no reason to routinely do it that way and plenty of reasons not to.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    I like the way James Reeves of TFB-TV describes it: a-endix carry. Because if you do it long enough you blow off your pp.

But seriously, if it works for you go for it. I don't find it comfortable personally, but I don't consider it particularly unsafe if done with the proper holster and pistol.
    Well that is just ignorant and I definitely disagree, but truthfully I don't care how anybody carries if it doesn't put me or others in jeopardy. At home I carry a G44 in an OWB holster because that combo works for what I need it for at home. At work AIWB is really the only truly accessible method of carry that works for me, in my situation.
    Michael Swisher

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hpclayto View Post
    I don't know why we have to keep having this conversation. Unless you're carrying a 320, modern guns don't go off by themselves.
    I am past advocating for or against. I just thought it was both an informative and amusing video.
    Michael Swisher

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast