• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick317

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2020
    Zionsville
    I have found when I carry with a stroller (double stroller to be exact), I am NEVER stopped. Places I have gotten through security checks with a stroller while conceal carrying: Indiana Art Museum, Bankers life field house, Lucas oil, and most recently in the past month....Disney World! Any other parents use the stroller trick to get into places you normally can't with a gun?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have found when I carry with a stroller (double stroller to be exact), I am NEVER stopped. Places I have gotten through security checks with a stroller while conceal carrying: Indiana Art Museum, Bankers life field house, Lucas oil, and most recently in the past month....Disney World! Any other parents use the stroller trick to get into places you normally can't with a gun?

Huh.

Never worked for me.:rolleyes:

61bdc63d6798ab38a987d0cf89dcf114.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Having no kids, I'll have to resort to, "My wife has the baby, she asked me to bring the stroller."

My usual technique is carry nothing, throw open my right side (I'm a lefty) and breeze past as they're engaged with rummaging through grandma's purse (looking for hard candy, I presume).

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I posted a brief thread on this a while back. Going into the local city county admin building, I was repocketing and rebelting when a woman walked in with a baby carrier. She walked through the metal detector with the baby carrier - setting it off - set the baby carrier on the floor, and then backed up and walked through alone with no alarm. Picked up the carrier and walked on. i turned to the Sheriff deputy on duty and said something like "how many weapons could you fit under a baby?".

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Having no kids, I'll have to resort to, "My wife has the baby, she asked me to bring the stroller."

My usual technique is carry nothing, throw open my right side (I'm a lefty) and breeze past as they're engaged with rummaging through grandma's purse (looking for hard candy, I presume).

Hard candy is VERY dangerous. It should be banned.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I always have Werther's in my cardigan pockets.

My wife finds it delightful when I look like an old man by pulling one and offering it to her.

I find it absolutely ridiculous when I have to watch octogenarians getting patted down as they attend the philharmonic orchestra.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OP would have had me right up until he said Disney World. I know this group won’t agree with Gun free zones. But Disney Security is pretty amazing. Only problem is they always seem to pick me out for extra scrutiny

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OP would have had me right up until he said Disney World. I know this group won’t agree with Gun free zones. But Disney Security is pretty amazing. Only problem is they always seem to pick me out for extra scrutiny

Loose the tactical pants and pick up a cardigan. :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Loose the tactical pants and pick up a cardigan. :):

There is some truth there. Only I don’t wear tactical pants. Usually cargo shorts and Columbia shirts. I have found that tucking your shirt in helps because they can see your waistline. My guess is the clean haircut and noticing/smiling at the undercover security doesn’t help either. Pay close attention and you will see 4 levels of security. Normal people probably aren’t looking around. 1) is the bag checkers. 2) is somebody with a sport coat or some other uniform. They may look like a boat captain for example. 3) are the guys/gals just blending in, they aren’t interacting with anyone but have radios. Probably talking to sport coat dude. 4) is the local law enforcement.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Matter of time before someone thats wise to that will have you wanded separate. What has been a long standing practice of inner city gang dudes to have their girl (particular with kids) carry their guns for that same reason. Females and kids get less attention.. Has been documented on several FBI studies.

Good luck

News from The Force Science Research Center

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Disney Animal Kingdom I noticed, had a few access points, they did not take everyone with scooters and strollers, but you never know when they pick you out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There is some truth there. Only I don’t wear tactical pants. Usually cargo shorts and Columbia shirts. I have found that tucking your shirt in helps because they can see your waistline. My guess is the clean haircut and noticing/smiling at the undercover security doesn’t help either. Pay close attention and you will see 4 levels of security. Normal people probably aren’t looking around. 1) is the bag checkers. 2) is somebody with a sport coat or some other uniform. They may look like a boat captain for example. 3) are the guys/gals just blending in, they aren’t interacting with anyone but have radios. Probably talking to sport coat dude. 4) is the local law enforcement.

(Pre cvirus)
    Because the LAST THING the mouse wanted at his home was a scandal of it being "unsafe" if a man with a gun incident t occured at the park. Thus they have done everything in their power to ensure the appearance of it being super safe.

Top Bottom