• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've tried many.

The best of the best is by far the Ky-Tac BraveHeart. It's comfortable, secure, and drawing from it is about as close as you will get (in terms of speed) to a belt holster.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    the ky-tac is a great holster, and many others, but for my money it's raven concealment. and the guys are great to deal with. if they don't have one, they'll make one for you.

Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I've worn Milt Sparks VM II and the Summer Special and a IWB/OWB from Black Hills Leather. Like all three. I tried a Crossbreed but didn't like it. I've got a VM II on order for a 1911 and recently purchased one for a Glock 30. All pistols I carry will then have the same holster.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Does the Versa Max II have any way to adjust tension on the gun, or are you just stuck with how it fits and how it stretches over time?

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Does the Versa Max II have any way to adjust tension on the gun, or are you just stuck with how it fits and how it stretches over time?

You're stuck with how it fits, but it fits extremely well. Plus with it IWB you'll have a little tension on it from your belt and pants anyway. And I'm sure the guys at Sparks would re-fit it to the gun if needed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was just curious ... most leather IWB holsters are too tight for my liking. That's one of the many reasons I prefer kydex. I adjust the holster until there is almost no tension on the gun, then I rely on my pants/belt/body to retain the gun. It's very secure, but when I actually want to draw the gun, I can get it as easily as I want it.

Of course, I adjust my belt holsters so that they will just hold the gun when turned upside down.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Here's a review of what has become my best holster.

FULL-AUTO.org • View topic - Review: MTAC IWB holster

That holster looks like a copy, albeit it an IMPROVED copy, of the Cross Breed holster that I frequently use. The Cross Breed design has been around for at least a year and I've been using this since last fall. Its very comfortable and much easier to wear than my old Comp Tac. The Cross Breed only uses 1 layer of leather, while the new MTAC IWB you show has multiple layers for more comfort. I might have to try that one. :)

Here is a photo of the very similar, but not as well designed, Cross Breed.

I wish that Comp Tac had that MTAC holster back when I first bought my CTAC holster from them.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Tucker gunleather
    IMAG0052.jpg

Top Bottom